I blew up this morning. But I feel fine.

Discussion in 'Trading' started by sunggong, Sep 26, 2007.

1. Being down 10% is blowing up? That's an ultra conservative definition of blowing up.

I figured you would have had to lose at least half your money to consider it blowing up....

#51     Sep 26, 2007
  2. bluud

bluud

after losing and winning many times in trading you become immune to both ... you don't get happy for gains that much and you don't get sad for losses that much either .. actually that is good since you don't need feelings like that much in trading

#52     Sep 26, 2007
  3. Reminds me of when B&B created a thread about sucking at trading, then once he has peoples attetnion begins to brag about how well he is doing.

#53     Sep 26, 2007

4. In my book, 10% in one day is a blow up.

#54     Sep 26, 2007

5. Forget about me, man.

When are you going to sell your stuff?

Your system is fail-safe I hear. Just buy and hold, ey? :D

#55     Sep 26, 2007
  6. stock_trad3r,
    There is a BullShip press that will publish anything; give T.S. a call he may publish your book...

#56     Sep 26, 2007
  7. minmike

minmike

It sounds like you got bored and took a trade outside of your system.

I certainly wouldn't recommend compounding directly, but I would think about increasing size a bit. It would help keep you from taking trades outside your plan. Trade as small as you can that you still care about it.

Maybe every time you double your account you add 25% to your size. Something conservative like that. I understand what you said about diminishing returns from increased size, but I can't imagine you 25k you would see much decrease for quite awhile.

#57     Sep 26, 2007
  8. TS usually means "threadstarter."

Sometimes OP (original poster) is used, too.

#58     Sep 26, 2007
  9. Surdo

Surdo

TS in this case is referring to Timmay Sykes the Milli Vanilli of hedge funds.

TS can also refer to TradeStation.

#59     Sep 26, 2007
  10. yeah like 4 20% monthly return in a row made me feel that way too till i got schooled when i was trying to shoot for 50%

#60     Sep 27, 2007