I blew up this morning. But I feel fine.

Discussion in 'Trading' started by sunggong, Sep 26, 2007.

1. ...you know( and I know)........

#31     Sep 26, 2007
  2. What is to say that next time the gamble gets to -25%, and you are feeling lucky and you let it ride.

Man, i don't know... RISK must be controlled, kept in check and must never let it creep through it in anyway, shape or form. That's all I know.

#32     Sep 26, 2007
  3. You arent ready to make money

stick to much more conservative investments

#33     Sep 26, 2007
  4. oh.. yeah, you were using my short for.. T and an S, for TheSorcerer.. damn, am I already famous like BnB, etc ????

#34     Sep 26, 2007
  5. Yeah, T.S. you are infamous around these parts.....

#35     Sep 26, 2007
  6. All I can tell you is that there are a lot of common inefficiencies in the price action of many stocks.

Same tricks being played over and over.

I just take advantage of these tricks and piggyback my money on top of big boys/crooks in the Wall Street for a short ride.

#36     Sep 26, 2007
  7. infamous?? what did I do??

I been keeping a low profile ever since I got out of The Joint (TJ)..

#37     Sep 26, 2007
  8. BullShip

#38     Sep 26, 2007

9. My primary risk control is that I WITHDRAW my earnings EVERY SINGLE WEEK.

I keep my account size small. I don't play with several hundred thousand dollars in my account.

I am well over 600% up for the year based on my original 25k that I started out with.

10% is not too bad when I make 10% of my account every week and withdraw that money every week.

Also, this morning's blowup was limited. What I mean is that I was willing to tolerate losing up to that amount (6k) in order to go for the big one, and I knew how risky the trade will be.

When the loss hit 6k based on my signals, I took the loss with no second thoughts. It sucked. It wasn't what I normally do. But I was willing to take a shot this time.

I'm no longer very emotional and keep averaging down or do stupid crap like that to turn 6k loss into 20k loss.

Hope this helps.

#39     Sep 26, 2007
  10. A good test might be to take the rest of the week off and see what emotions get stirred up.

#40     Sep 26, 2007