I blew up , feels so bad

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by tickmagnet, Feb 15, 2009.

1. There were signs in DRYS for most the moves that the OP got fucked on, INCLUDING the gaps. I didn't play the short only the long bounce thrice for a few points. This time I'm not getting back in.

The game is rigged but if you see the signs of the riggers rigging it you can use it to your advantage.

#31     Feb 15, 2009
  2. YTEurope

YTEurope

if you went from 20 to 27 in a few days then you use way to much leverage i do know people that make 7k in a few days or daily, but they all got 150k+ accounts and are well disciplined , dont know about you,most people lost out in this game because they are amateurs,altho success is not final, and failure is not fatal, wish you the best

#32     Feb 15, 2009
  3. Redneck

Redneck

What signs do you look for Sir?

Thanks
    Redneck

#33     Feb 15, 2009
  4. Redneck,

A book that helps explain what to look for, and more importantly, how to trade market manipulation is "The Taylor Trading Technique".

It was written by George Douglass Taylor in 1950. He was a grain trader in the pits, and came to understand how to profit from short term price manipulation created by the big players.

In essence, he describes what he calls buy days, sell days, and sell short days. He was one of the early creators of short term swing trading methods based around price patterns. I don't mean flags or other Edwards and Magee patterns, but more like patterns of price behavior.

Read this, and for more, get a copy of Linda Raschke's Street Smarts book. It's not cheap, but one good trade pays for it. There are copies online for free, but downloading those are just plain stealing, IMHO.

Regards...Kevin

#34     Feb 15, 2009
  5. that is not a total blow up...seriously...be encouraged...re state your trading rules and study study study...do you trade futures or forex or options or only stocks?

#35     Feb 15, 2009
  6. Redneck

Redneck

Ahh.. Time to buy a couple of more books:)

BTW - I have signals to see "short squeeze" days, I was just curious what others were looking at

Thank You Sir

#36     Feb 15, 2009
  7. JSSPMK

JSSPMK

95% down? Gamble it! You got little to lose anyway, forget risk & just go all in with your 3k. This market ain't done declining, wait out & short away.

#37     Feb 15, 2009
  8. Street Smarts is the better one- Taylor was not a good writer and did not use charts- he created a "book" to track price action. Raschke's is better.

If you can find her old 1995 TAG presentation on her 5 basic trading patterns, there is a lot there- she applies a basic 3-10-15 macd momentum indicator to the basic Taylor method. I have it on CD, but Ino.com carries it also these days.

Good trading...Kevin

#38     Feb 15, 2009
  9. Redneck

Redneck

I signed up for that INO TV

Some stuff good, some stuff not worth it (IMHO)

eta - I really don't know (memorize / use) patterns, nor use indicators.. But I'll check out the books

#39     Feb 15, 2009
  10. I was not a big indicator usr either, but her 3-10-16 macd (not her creation, btw) is helpful. I use it alomst exclusively now.

Ino TV does have the material that I referred to-

http://tv.ino.com/premium/title.html?movieid=97

Kevin

#40     Feb 15, 2009