I blew up , feels so bad

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by tickmagnet, Feb 15, 2009.

1. Redneck

Redneck

1.) Crowed trades are neither good or bad – it’s liquidity
    2.)It does if you account / your psychology can’t weather the risk
    3.)No YOU “allowed” yourself to trade more
    4.)Nope – your perception is the gamed is rigged- The mkt is what it is - nothing more

I don’t believe you have learned anything except losing big makes you feel bad - Which will soon pass then you'll be right back where you are now

Please take a step back and revaluate everything;

1.)Why you are trading
    2.)Why you lost
    3.)How you view trading (inside your head)
    4.)Your trading plan and rules
    5.)Ect, ect, ect

Now call me heartless, call me an ass, call me whatever… get mad / get fed up …

Then pick yourself up - revaluate everything, re-work your rules / your approach…. and comeback like you mean it….

Else give up and quit

Redneck

#21     Feb 15, 2009
  2. Now I'm waiting for earnings , and then I jump in , as of today
    I hold 0 . Next week to tell , I know I will miss inital gap up , b ut it's better , if there are earnings then it should fly , look also
    at TBSI , and EGLE.

#22     Feb 15, 2009
  3. redneck I agree with you , my problem is ego I think , in the past
    I had pretty big hits , I made it big for few times , and I guess that is it, i'm gonna trade small. I had with this BS>

#23     Feb 15, 2009
  4. Redneck

Redneck

Okay now a rhetorical question (meaning no need to post an answer Sir)

What are YOU going to do to change?

Trading small is only one small answer (one dimension) to addressing (resolving) the larger multifaceted issue your facing

Food for Thought

#24     Feb 15, 2009
  5. doing 200 share trades on stocks I know , making couple of hundred here and there and keeping one core posiotion , and couple of options on ETFS. I'm looking at DBA.

#25     Feb 15, 2009
  6. Don't be so harsh joe.

Trying to make it as a legitmate trader and maintin your profitability in a consistent manner is extremely hard to do.

We (human beings) do so many things to sabatoge or success and happiness in life, it's just amazing.

It's a very real phenomena and one that I have experienced myself, of just when things are going well I have made a mistake and taken a hit. It requires us to rethink what:

1. Trading means to us.
    2. What our PnL means to us.
    3. What the markets mean to us.

It helps to have other things in your life to round you out, it also helps to treat your account like OPM and trade in a disciplined fashion within the confines of your system, don't be so concerend with daily, or even weekly fluctations in your bottom-line profitability. Definitely do not be concerned about what happened with your last trade, as you only have a statistical probability of being right anyway ... the idea is to just always keep it above 51%. :)

Best regards to the OP, it takes alot of courage to face your demons.

#26     Feb 15, 2009
  7. Any low liquidity asset is rigged in the sense that those players with more money can move it at will just by their volume. This means that there is little technical justification for the moves since they come out of nowhere. Yes, this includes individual stocks and yes they are VERY rigged. Anybody who claims they aren't hasn't traded them.

I mean, if wheat futures where rigged in the 1930s...

#27     Feb 15, 2009
  8. Redneck

Redneck

I agree prices are manipulated - at times - on short term basis... I completely disagree the market is rigged

We (I) – and NO one else decides

When we trade
    What we trade
    How we trade
    The direction we trade
    When we enter / exit
    If we’ve won or lost – and how much (within the constraints of what the market gives us)

Every damn aspect of our (my) trading – except price direction

Price direction will ultimately be dictated by supply and demand

So please explain how any aspect of mine / yours / each trader's trading can be manipulated by anyone other than me / you / each trader

#28     Feb 15, 2009
  9. buybig

buybig

do you follow the baltic dry index? thats why drys moved w/ the rest of the complex.. the news is what killed.. people were running for the exits. im still long LEAPS.. was up 2k and sold against em.. didnt expect to to turn and stay.. I can now get out w/ $200 or sit tight. ive got a year for the story to change.

#29     Feb 15, 2009
  10. ammo

ammo

http://www.traderfeed.blogspot.com/ the first mistake you are likely to make is revenge trade to get your money back,losers mindset,2ndly if the economy is in the shitter and businesses are going belly up the transports are the 1st to indicate that,factories stop ordering raw materials and the rails,trucking and shipping fall off,so dont be preoccupied with drys. 3rd this market is about to take bigger swings for the next few weeks and if your wrong and slow u will get wiped out in a hurry,with the capital you have left i would work on my patience and timing ,spot setups and trade only those ,these institutions have run out of big money players and we are the only food source around,the way to skin us is very choppy large swing markets,expect that and trade accordingly,if u do hold a position overnite ,sell some puts or calls for insurance

#30     Feb 15, 2009