I blew out my account

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by snowhite, Nov 19, 2008.

1. I like your rule.

#61     Nov 20, 2008
  2. I wanted to post on this since I have blown and account. I got lucky in college and made more than I have ever had in my life. Then I got really cocky and lost 80% in LEH, WM and FRE.

I managed to wire money out of the account so I would not go on tilt with what was left. Now that I graduated in may I am using what's left to claw my way back.

So in a way I agree that you don't need to go to zero to blown out.

One more thing can anyone explain what the 4 seconf rule is or should I search that?

#62     Nov 20, 2008
  3. LMAO - you guys are being duped

snowhite is the smartest guy on ET

He knows that threads like these get the most responses.

He is just phishing for trading tips and emotional support after a big down day - but I bet he hasn't really blown up.

Besides the guy has like 500 other aliases.

#63     Nov 20, 2008
  4. Four second driving rule:

http://www.ltsa.govt.nz/roadcode/about-driving/following-distance.html

#64     Nov 20, 2008
  5. I knew someone who lost 14k in one trade in the matter of, 4 days.

The person went short on a popular oil company (GDP) during the start of the Crude run-up!

I told him to cut his loss at 5$ a share or so...Instead he waited, and waited until he was -14$/share. Imagine how that feels? Pretty crappy, but this guy didn't use a stop-loss, nor did he have a "system" or a "trading plan"!

Don't put your balls on the chopping block, we WILL take them :D

Sorry snow white, I'll always remember your story about going down 20k on 1 trade. It surely makes me feel better when I'm down a grand total of $500 USD for the whole month!

#65     Nov 20, 2008
  6. weld1

weld1

i know a guy still long BAC around 34.00/ share...imagine that!!!:eek:

#66     Nov 21, 2008