I believe in freedom ... but I'll wear a mask because ...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by kandlekid, Jul 21, 2020.

1. Peter8519

Peter8519

Ever experience something hit your face or hands when speaking to someone up close? Those are droplets from someone mouth. Wearing a mask cuts down the droplets. We can't tell whether we have the virus or not. By wearing a mask cuts down transmission from asymptomatic carriers.

#11     Jul 26, 2020
  2. kandlekid

kandlekid

I think that's a fair comparison, but only goes so far, since not wearing a mask if not infected does not really put anyone at risk, whereas drunk driving, etc, most certainly does. But since it's not always apparent if one is infected (asymptomatic infections), we (that is, I) err on the side of caution and encourage everyone to wear one.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2020
    #12     Jul 26, 2020
    Overnight and ElCubano like this.
  3. I agree with what you're saying. It is very important sometimes to break down your comfort zone for the sake of other people's lives. For some reason, now in the U.S., people are no longer serious about quarantine, and they often ignore masks that restrict their freedom. This is very stupid, because I think that if the mask that I put on holds back the spread of the virus to at least one person, then maybe I will save the life of one immune grandmother, and for me, the life of at least one person is more important than any of my inconveniences. Therefore, I strongly recommend that everyone continue to observe quarantine measures and think not only about their comfort but also the lives of other people.

#13     Jul 29, 2020
    kandlekid likes this.
  4. Overnight

Overnight

Because it is America. Home of the depraved.

#14     Jul 31, 2020