I aspire to be a Trading Guru...

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by Ripley, Mar 1, 2006.

1. A what the heck I'll just share it with everyone for free.

Step 1. Get Tradestation and do a lot of optimized backtesting till you find the best system (hypothetically).

Step 2. Write up a manual and make a dvd.

Step 3. Build a web site and make all kinds of hypothetical results and promises.

Step 4. Add lots of testimonials from fictitious people.

Step 5. Only accept payment by Cash or some form of non refundable method.

Step 6. Come into ET and do a ton of self promoting (even bad press is good for business).

Step 7. Once your students start to loose $$$ blame them and say it's their lack of discipline etc ...

Step 8. Take a good look in the mirror and tell yourself all the lies your saying are ok because it SHOULD work.

Step 9. Prepare to go broke because what goes around comes around.

There you have it folks and all for FREE !!!!

This is so good I'm going to start an new thread just for it ... :D

#21     Mar 1, 2006
  2. ROFL....Gawd Ripley you take the cake....

#22     Mar 1, 2006
  3. my gawd...almost time to leave this site for good

#23     Mar 1, 2006

4. hmmm i dont recall vanity and greed being on the list of charactaristics for a profitable trader:p :p :p

#24     Mar 1, 2006
  5. kowboy

kowboy

6. It's amazing though, isn't it. Human curiosity is something that ensures that there is always room for some kind of snake oil salesman, whom you've never heard of that can make money out of nowhere and he's willing to pass on the wisdom. Everybody wants to believe they can pick up this ability on the quick/cheap.

Some brilliant calls on the tactics used by your typical arrogant loser turned guru. Another great tactic is to ensure that you employ an outrageously subjective and completely misinterpretable technical method (i.e. 'Advanced' Elliott Wave or Gann Theory) which is just so easy to fit into a hidsight call but is all but useless in real-time.

I tell you another group of people that drive me mad are those f**king retards who think they know it all, that want to talk to you about trading and investment after losing 4 years of their life readig Warren Buffet books. I have got nothing against Big W but it is the idiots that think they understand and use his methods having read a book and noticed that P/E ratios are printed in newspapers.

#27     Apr 12, 2006
  7. Quark

Quark

#28     Apr 13, 2006