I aspire to be a Trading Guru...

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by Ripley, Mar 1, 2006.

1. Here ya go:

Search for all upcoming earnings dates.
    Get 2 sets of e-mails lists.(set A and set B)
    Your forecast to group A should be about how great the stocks will perform after the earnings report.
    Your forecast to group B will be how bad the earnings reports will be.

Then after the earnings reports you obviously only go after the one group who would have made $.

Typical "guru" spin technique.

Have fun.

#11     Mar 1, 2006
  2. You sound like a pro in this field, is it time for me to be worried yet?
    :D

#12     Mar 1, 2006
  3. TGregg

TGregg

Heh. Sadly, those are not my observations but some author who's name I've forgotten. Might have been Taleb in Fooled by Randomness.

#13     Mar 1, 2006
  4. What makes you think you would get more than ten bucks each for these? They wouldnt be worth thousands each until people know you are for real.

#14     Mar 1, 2006
  5. opm8

opm8

Do a search for ProfLogic on here. He's your typical guru that doesn't trade. He used to charge $300 for his useless website (logicalmarkettrends.com) for his "never-fail" calls. His own published track record shows almost no losing trades for several years in a row. It's quite amazing, really, with all of his $trillions that he still teaches. LOL. I heard he had a chat room but people I talked to complained that he was always vague and (surprise!) no one made a penny (except ol' ProfLogic, of course).

Now he's doing seminars for like $3K a pop. It's laughably by the book guruism.

--opm8

#15     Mar 1, 2006
  6. cakulev

cakulev

LOL! :D
    Reminds me of Richard Gere and his "Razzle Dazzle" song from Chicago movie.

#16     Mar 1, 2006
  7. BSAM

BSAM

'Cause he's gonna follow the advice of TGregg and uptik2000 before he sells his book.:p

#17     Mar 1, 2006
  8. plugger

plugger

Ripley, didn't you start a thread detailing your struggles to become profitable?

I take it that you are joking in this thread??? Or have you thrown in the towel and decided to go for the 'sure' money?

#18     Mar 1, 2006
  9. I wanna be famous like Larry Williams, Jake Bernstein, Linda Ratschke, Dan Zanger, Buzzy Schwartz etc.. etc...

I want to have threads made about me on ET.. :cool:

#19     Mar 1, 2006
  10. Ripley,

I can teach you how to be a vendor in my new "Become rich as a trading course vendor course".

I will sell it to you for $19.99 :p

#20     Mar 1, 2006