I am willing to pay 150 bucks (valid for 6 months) to get High Class ET membership.

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by JohnathanIII, Feb 5, 2011.

1. darn you are probably right

Baron should delete this thread and make it illegal to discuss this topic on ET

that's exactly why US and some EU countries are going down, because profit at all costs is a ultimately defeatist philosophy

#21     Feb 7, 2011
  2. You are definitely right here

I admit I was wrong on this ET idea.

Still....part of me thinks there is something wrong with humanity when Shit gets sold more than NonShit.

Are we animals ?

#22     Feb 8, 2011
  3. hughb

hughb

For $150 you can run your own website and educate all the people who will want to be educated by you.

#23     Feb 8, 2011
  4. tonyalva

tonyalva

Whatever happened to the chatroom?

#24     Feb 8, 2011
  5. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

There is a direct relationship between changes in social networking and the LOSS of quality members or LESS quality message posts involving trading at Elitetrader.com...I had posted about such "as it was occurring" via my prior alias. That was the primary reason even though membership at ET continues to grow although other social networks is easily outpacing ET as a trader resource to communicate with other traders.

In fact, some of ET's sponsors are slowly using these social networks along with slowly getting more involved with it.

Other secondary reasons is changes in the market itself (e.g. PDT rule, 2008 financial crisis). Such was also documented "as it was occurring". Heck, you can even see the quality of message posts change around tax time and the summer trading sessions. :cool:

Too many connection problems and many ET members used free resources like IRC (Othernet and FinancialChat servers). In fact, many ET members continue using such.

Mark

#25     Feb 8, 2011
  6. Look at the business model Baron has. He has sponsors paying $2k- $3k per month each to advertise on here. If I were him, I know I wouldnt risk losing members on here to try and make a few hundred bucks.

Its like the free pennysaver or autotrader. You get payments from the advertisers and you sure as hell dont start charging customers 25 cents to get the paper or the whole thing collapses.

#26     Feb 9, 2011
  7. Banjo

Banjo

#27     Feb 9, 2011
  8. Handle123

Handle123

There are still some very good traders on this forum. But what has changed from several years ago are people being crude and rude. You are trying to help others, but so many people want complete stats, if you give them three years of stats, they ask why didn't you run it on ten years. If you post your trades and have three losses, they jump all over you even though you were profitable for the day. People start sending all kinds of private messages, people are time hogs and then they talk ugly to you.
    So many on this forum are just plain lazy, they don't want to put in the screen time.

This forum and others are great to exchange "ideas". I have certainly posted many ways on how I trade both long term and day trading, but certainly not going to hand out the whole ball of wax and I am sure many others will not either. Get a few ideas, then it is up to the individual to start working on them.

Very serious traders don't have time to post, anyone who swings 100 lots of ES at a clip or 100k shares of IBM is constantly recalculating, checking their charts, rethinking, doing "what-ifs" and "what should I do now", there are so many nuances to become good and to stay good, so many people think someone doesn't want to part with their methods, hell no, while they are out having parties and bar-b-ques, the serious trader is running backtests. The serious trader is rethinking several processes every second, this cannot be taught but only thru experience.

For $150, donating to a homeless shelter is better spent.

#28     Feb 10, 2011
    beginner66 likes this.
  9. bighog

bighog Guest

but Americans do not let all our idiots and losers swell in their own discust..............we allow them to form what is called the "TEA PARTY"

Spread the misery around.......... :D

#29     Feb 10, 2011
  10. 377OHMS

377OHMS

1) P&R generates alot of clicks.

2) P&R is an area where inappropriate posts from other sub-forms can be moved to. Those posts don't show up on the main ET page.

To me its a smart setup. I can restrict my political/religious/social postings to P&R and occasionally post meaninfully to the trading sub-forums. To my thinking that increases the quality of the trading sub-forums.

I rather think you are just reacting to your being crushed philosphically in the P&R forum. If you can't take the heat...

#30     Feb 15, 2011