I am willing to pay 150 bucks (valid for 6 months) to get High Class ET membership.

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by JohnathanIII, Feb 5, 2011.

1. great traders won't share till they PAY for that privilege? rofl! what a maroon :D

#11     Feb 7, 2011
  2. If your goal is to have a message board filled with posts that are just a notch or two above that of a Yahoo Finance message board, then yes you are correct.

#12     Feb 7, 2011
  3. True.
    The point is... is that there WAS a time when this website was a great place that attracted tons of active day-traders and remote traders, alike. There was some really good posters here, with posts that ADDED VALUE. Unfortunately, that shipped sailed a long long time ago.

#13     Feb 7, 2011
  4. That's interesting.
    I've been a member of ET since 2003 and there has ALWAYS been a P&R forum.

Like I mentioned in a previous post, it really doesn't matter where people post on ET anymore... The ship that was filled with VETERAN traders sailed away a long, long, time ago.
    It's never coming back.

The bottom-line is that Baron missed a great opportunity (years ago) to insure high quality posts by ACTUAL traders on ET, as opposed to the idiotic paper-traders and/or college kids who fantasize about trading the markets and litter ET with silly, childish posts and content. The only forums that currently have consistent VALUE on ET are the Hardware and Software Forums. Everything else resembles that of a Yahoo Message Board.

Take a look at the Blogosphere in general.
    Take a look at all of the FREE stock market blogs that are filled with "paper-traders" and kids playing on the Internet. Without a subscription model, there is no barrier to entry. As a result, you have a lack of quality content, moderation issues, etc.

It's pretty simple.
    You get what you pay for.
    But as I said before, Baron missed out on this opportunity and the ability to retain a higher quality of content years ago . . . He just doesn't care.

#14     Feb 7, 2011
  5. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

Veteran members already know that...it's been all written before many many times by man types of folks for many different reasons over many years.

Yet, that still doesn't resolve the fact that there are those very active in the chit chat and P&R threads and then when debates don't go their way or someone gives them a hard time in those eye sore threads...

They complain about the lack of quality trading topics at ET. :D

Therefore, I strongly agree with you...you do get what you pay for and the only thing that will change Barons mind are the sponsors that pay him.

By the way, there was no Political & Religion thread in Feb 2003 nor before although I'm not sure when it showed up afterwards. Also, when ET only had about 8,721 members back in Dec 2001...there was no Chit Chat or Political & Religion threads. I've been here since day one...first as a lurker for several years prior to my first alias as NihabaAshi.

see my image attachment in next post of the old Elitetrader.com

Last of all, most of the so called veteran traders started shipping out when blogs became popular, pdt rule hit the fan, growth of competing forums.

Mark

#15     Feb 7, 2011
  6. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

Here's EliteTrader.com December 2001 (see attached image).

You'll notice there's NO chit chat nor Political & Religion threads.

Those threads came late in the years AFTER members complained those involved were ruining the trading topic threads.

Chit Chat formed sometime between March 2003 and December 2003. The Political & Religion section formed many years after that as a spin-off from the Chit Chat...after many members complained on island chit chat that there should be separate island called P&R. :D

I do have an image of ET in Jan 2005...there was no P&R thread in Jan 2005.

Mark

#16     Feb 7, 2011
  7. Lucrum

Lucrum

WRONG!, before chit chat and P&R were separated into separate forums Chit Chat was in fact closed down for awhile. Like WRB mentioned most of the "discussions" simply migrated elsewhere. That and plenty of begging by a fairly large number of members convinced Baron to reopen CC. If memory serves there were three members who volunteered to moderate the new CC and keep things in check. Over time at least two if not all three were canned for abusing their mod privileges.
    That's true enough which begs the question, why even worry about it? Seems to me you have a choice, accept the site for whats it's become or find another you like.

#17     Feb 7, 2011
  8. You are the maroon I am trying to avoid by having Subscription pay EliteTrader

You are a simplistic maroon going around insulting people.

Pay subscription would get rid of freeload wannabe kids like you. :cool:

Cause I am sure you can't afford 150 to drop on something like ET. Kids like you would rather buy 3-4 xbox games.

And that's the point.

#18     Feb 7, 2011
  9. no, i'd pay any amount for the privilege to make you $

idiot :p

#19     Feb 7, 2011
  10. Pekelo

Pekelo

According to Baron, revenue and profits have been going up consistently over the years.
    So he probably doesn't worry about quality that much... :)

Now if true, what does that tell you about the connection between quality of posts and website popularity??? They are obviously INVERSELY related! :)

#20     Feb 7, 2011