I am waiting for the looming 1000 point drop.

Discussion in 'Economics' started by KINGOFSHORTS, Sep 20, 2008.

1. You are exactly right. Any zero-sum market cannot exist without short-sellers.

#11     Sep 20, 2008
  2. Those lame ass curbs are gone. Talk about training wheels. No what I am talking about is the NYSE circuit breakers.

For third quarter 08, 3600 point decline they will pretty much close shop no matter when the drop occurs and send everyone home. I see a 1 hour trading halt in our future. Shit 500 points we touched, 1200 points thats the next dip. I can just imagine the volume.

http://www.nyse.com/press/circuit_breakers.html

#12     Sep 21, 2008
  3. #13     Sep 21, 2008
  4. geoarb

geoarb

It says:

Last Updated: October 26, 2007 17:27 EDT

:D :D

#14     Sep 21, 2008
  5. threads like these is probably why it wont happen. too many bears. we just droppped 1000 over two days this week.

#15     Sep 21, 2008
  6. gnome

gnome

That would be a LMAO in this house... probably the LAST laugh I'd have over politics during the NObama reign...

#16     Sep 21, 2008
  7. S2007S

S2007S

Guess you have been reading my past posts on my prediction of a 1000 point drop in the Dow. It should have happened 2 to 3 times already but it hasn't due to bailouts and hundreds of billions worth of injections. I feel were still in the making of 1987 all over again. I think the steps they are taking now are just buying time before we see something even more significant take place in the markets. This is far from over. They are asking congress foe $700 billion. That my friend is just a temporary fix for the markets. There is going to be even greater problems to come over the next decade due to the biggest bailout in history.

#17     Sep 21, 2008
  8. S2007S

S2007S

You forgot to add that the markets gained nearly all of it back in 2 days.

The Dow was down a mere 33 points for the week. I don't see a 1000 point drop.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

#18     Sep 21, 2008
  9. ammo

ammo

this cach injection will keep coming as long as we are able to keep this mrkt up/,you dont stop making sandbags til the water starts to reced,/we came from 1550 to 1150 in the spu's in 9 months/,thats a pretty good correction/,it needs to build a base down here 1150-1225 and then we can go back up

#19     Sep 21, 2008
  10. Once again, some show how clueless they can be. This is a systemic beginning of what could lead to a total market and dollar collaspe. 700 BILLION dollars is just the tip of the iceberg. We are talking 47 TRILLION dollars in credit default swaps roaming around out there. 25%+(more like at least 50% I would say) of that 47 TRILLION has no intrinsic value whatsoever.

When Paulson said "hundreds of billions of dollars" what he meant is 10's of TRILLIONS of dollars. Unlike the saving and loan scandal bailout, there is virtually no tangible and or valuable assets in this bailout. Why? Because the most of the entire bull run beginning in 2003 was ran on easy credit and hot air. The biggest artificial bull run in history is/will lead to the biggest market crash in history. FINANCIAL ENGINEERING will be the dirty word of the decade. Folks will wince when they hear that word. Why? Because beginning in 1999 they began all these worthless products that where supposed to make money out of thin air and yes they did(on credit). Now that the piper is coming for payment, it will cause a asset crash and devaulation never before seen.

A indication of things to come is when the treasury yield went down to it's lowest level since 1958! Treasuries are no longer considered safe and the US is going to default on all this paper. China will be lucky to get pennies on the dollar. Paulson has committed 50 Billion to shore up money market funds that are tied to treasury notes. What a joke! 50 Billion is crumbs compared to how many notes float around out there.

Will get ugly and Bernanke behind closed doors has already admitted to losing control of the dollar. After the bell Friday, the USD/EUR went from around 1.4150 to almost 1.45!!! That's a 350 pip move in one day. Coincidence? Not in the least. They can not print money fast enough to even pay the trillion of dollars in debts that are going to default. You are in the midst of the greatest dilution and devaulation of the US Dollar in it's history.

There are consequences for such behavior and it will result in a 1000 down day soon. The SEC stayed off a crash perhaps for 9 more days. When the ban is lifted, look for the shorts to be on the financials still around(some might not make it through the selling over the next 9 days) bigger than ever. If you go look at all the financial charts, most are the same Friday, they gapped up and then sold off throughout the day. Not a huge sell off to lower the PPS, just a nice and easy sell off so the large hedge funds could hand off the bag to unsuspecting newbie herd traders. NO large hedge funds that are short, covered, you can tell from pre market action. See you at 9000 minimum on the DOW( I think it all goes back to 2003 levels across the board).

#20     Sep 21, 2008