I am very new and need help

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by NoCake, Feb 14, 2010.

1. NoCake

NoCake

Hi,

I have just installed plus500 and will try to learn how it works.

Can you let me know what I should better learn to be successful? Should I learn economics and about companies and markets and so on, read news and know all details about companies.

O maybe there are any other possibilities to see when company will start growing and I will earn with my positions. Maybe I can see it from the graph I have now? Maybe it was written on graphic a day or hour ago, that there will be any drop or rise.

Or maybe I must know both methods?

Can you give me any directions or minds?

:confused:

2. BSAM

BSAM

Are you talking about day trading?

3. My favorite book is Forex Patterns and Probabilities by Ed Ponsi.

It's taken me a lot of experiences to get to a point where I narrowed down my preferences like do I want to use a trend following strategy or contrarian or individual stocks or indices or which time frame, blah, blah, blah.

4. NoCake

NoCake

Yes. I can change my position a day several times.

Some MACD indicators, but it is known by everybody who trades. So maybe there are any golden rules or smth I can start with.

Sure after decrease there must be increase. But sometimes happens that after decrease I get higher decrease and so on :)

5. Yes, when someone names "Jack Hershey" shows up and starts offering you 50 paragraph posts containing bizarre graphs and none of it makes any sense...

Run in the other direction!!!

6. TheMan

TheMan

1. dont use indicators

2. only use price action, volume and s/r

that should save you about 5 years off your learning curve

7. spindr0

spindr0

Carefully follow the instructions of the 14th poster in this chain.

If no 14th poster shows up, consider used car sales.

8. NoCake

NoCake

Can you explain it, please? "only use price action, volume and s/r"

And if posters do not know what to say, do not post anything better, because your jokes are stupid.

9. joe4422

joe4422

A woman walks into a shop that sells expensive Persian Rugs.

Looking around, she spots the perfect rug, walks over and inspects it.

As she bends to feel the texture of the rug she farts loudly.

Very embarrassed she looks around nervously to see if anyone has noticed her 'little accident' and hopes a sales person does not pop up right now.

As she turns back, there standing next to her is a salesman. "Good day Ma'am, how may we help you today?"

Very uncomfortably she asks, "How much does this rug cost?"

He answers, "Lady if you farted just touching it, you're gonna crap your pants when you hear what the price is."

10. NoCake

NoCake

Ok. Thank you. If any pro have any answer or could give me any directions, please, PM me, I unfollow this post.

Actually in other forum I already got some answers... Do not understand these posters before...

THANK YOU !:(

#10     Feb 15, 2010