i am using IB's Friends & Family account

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by jingo911, Feb 5, 2004.

1. kowboy,

you really do need to read the manual, every iota that Def mentioned is true.

#11     Feb 6, 2004
  2. kowboy

kowboy

Ok I will take your advice and reread, and apparently I am not correct in my assessment. I believe none of these features existed originally when I first signed on with IB. Thanks for the suggestion

#12     Feb 6, 2004
  3. kowboy,

how long ago did you sign on, there are changes constantly. It's not what my dream setup would be, that doesn't exist. But it certainly is constantly improving.

#13     Feb 6, 2004
  4. kowboy

kowboy

Had an account with IB 4 years.

I would still like to use all hot keys to direct order size, market and price, and shaving off the bid or offer. And to set up and notify of alerts for entries and exits. I will read up on this. And had these features been available all along, I would have never looked elsewhere for these features. Shows you the value of posting on ET and feed back such as yours.

Thanks.

#14     Feb 6, 2004

5. Have you looked at DynaOrder, www.dynaorder.com
    I believe it has the functionality to work with IB's FA.

"New update is available for download (Version 2.92, Build 20030820).

What's new:
    - New SetSharesAllocation function which allows FA users to set Shares Allocation for the next order. See descriptions of SetSharesAllocation (doSetSharesAllocation in the COM Interfaces) in the Online Help."

Requires some programming skills, but with work would do the trick, plus has a paper trading add-on.

Bob

#15     Feb 7, 2004
  6. jingo911

jingo911

i'll look at em.

i wonder why we can't use an autotrader, though? is it an issue of programming something diff? re: Friends&Family accounts?

#16     Feb 7, 2004
  7. Saint196

Saint196

If you are talking about Interacivebrokers, I suggest you do a little study. I started with IB last August and quit before making a trade. They wouldn't help and I could not understand their work stations. I went back to them in September and now could not be more pleased. Their service and their customer service people are very helpful and courteous. I trade 75/100 trades a month for the cost of one "regular" brokers's commission for 100 shares.

#17     Feb 7, 2004