I am taking out 50% out of my IB account, my money no longer safe in USA

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by BernankeOffDuty, Oct 6, 2012.

1. wtf. You can't store gas dude. How about helium? I hear the US is selling off the reserve. What are you going to do with $1,000? lol to farmland. Where? Argentina?

#11     Oct 6, 2012
  2. You disagree with me, that is perfectly fine. Insults? that is not necessary.

#12     Oct 6, 2012
  3. So you are English as a second language kinda guy.

ok no problem amigo

Here is a picture for you to establish what gasoline means.

[​IMG]

http://www.jolcdi.com/wp-content/uploads/gasoline-tank.jpg

#13     Oct 6, 2012
  4. CT10Gov

CT10Gov

Dude, put up or shut up already. Build the damn machine already. Are you that lazy?? Or just that incompetent?

(of course, we all the know the real answer is this man's distaste for a reality that has left him far behind)

#14     Oct 6, 2012
  5. You do realize who you are from my perspective.

A guy on the internet LOL.

Why do you think I should prove myself to you. When I do post the video on ET of my own little model [which I don't do because of you by the way]

You will show up to claim it is a fake, and that I am a liar. Do you think I am that stupid that I can't predict how you will react.

I am shaking my head thinking what kind a loser you must be with attitude like that.

#15     Oct 6, 2012
  6. I said "care to explain" and you immediately insulted me. I didn't care mind you, but just don't be a hypocrite. :)

#16     Oct 6, 2012
  7. So getting back to the original topic. While I agree cash will be the best option for those who aren't short, are you suggesting that your money isn't safe at IB, and that the brokerage is going to go under and take your money?

It seems to me that would be the only reason to pull your funds, otherwise the best course of action would be to gradually establish short positions on the stock market given everything that is looming in the global economic landscape.

IMO, there will be a time to go to all cash because things will get so dire that being in the markets at all will be a risk, but there will first be a major opportunity to profit on the short side of the markets.

#17     Oct 6, 2012
  8. [BELLS RINGING]

Where were you my whole ET life :D

It is because of quiet lurkers like you that I know are here I didn't leave this site by now.

Thank you for a chance to converse intelligently

Yes you noticed that I am advising cashing out of account rather than having it sit there, or be invested heavily into GLD or metal futures or other paper assets.

yes I am in fact anticipating a problem with actual withdrawing of money, not IB specific or sector specific, but rather country wide. I can't really go into all the details [because frankly, if I did I think you would think I am crazy] but doesn't it make sense to be safe than sorry.

I know full well that this is internet and my advice is just another among millions. I just think that I should share my thoughts, because others do it too.

People say buy
    People say sell
    I say cash out a chunk and wait.

#18     Oct 6, 2012
  9. KingJedi

KingJedi

This should go to chit chat... and since my degree was in physics.. this and that other thread are just sad. Btw gasoline and diesel will eventually go stale as they say and not really be a runnable product as the light ends evaporate out of the containers and also there is a problem of water vapor + organics. If stored for so long over years it would end up needing rerefined back into a useable mix

Also just my own opinion on this.. if shit does hit the fan.. having a ton of cash/gold etc wont do a world of good.. its who has the biggest gun + tactics.. aka war.

You are far safer living in a community you know having people around you can count on in a self sustaining part of the world.. till the secret gets out and a bloodthirsty hoard of hungry humans comes your way ;)

#19     Oct 6, 2012
  10. You have a degree in physics, you know there was a time when I had too much respect for guys like you.

I have a son in law with masters in physics. Unfortunately I concluded that if a person refuses to acknowledge evidence. That person is a moron regardless of degree.

I sure hope my son in law is not reading this :D

#20     Oct 6, 2012