I am sure I am now on a list.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Tsing Tao, May 14, 2012.

1. Ricter

Ricter

Nice. I'm an old Cold Steel fan, but that is a nice blade.

#21     May 15, 2012
  2. Lucrum

Lucrum

For home defense I'd recommend the shotgun, preferably a short pump action.
    It'll be legal down to an 18" barrel and I believe 26" overall.

The shotgun pellets won't over penetrate reducing the risk of collateral damage.

The shorter length will assure it's not unwieldy indoors.

The sound of the pump action as you chamber a round may very well keep you from having to splatter some assholes guts all over your walls and floors to begin with.

#22     May 15, 2012
  3. True, which is why if I were in the market I'd be going with this.
    http://www.americanrifleman.org/articles/ds-arms-sa58-rifle/

#23     May 15, 2012
  4. Dont forget the sharpening stone. Even the most prepared can be stricken with shortsightedness. That thing will get dull after you whack a dozen zombies in the grill you know! :)

#24     May 15, 2012
  5. Who knows what will happen in 6 months time, 3000-5000 rounds of ammo is probably not excessive in these times

#25     May 15, 2012
  6. Ricter

Ricter

Don't forget body armor, a large cistern (full), food for a year, alternative power, tools and materials to completely rebuild your shelter. Oh, and seeds and land (with water).

#26     May 15, 2012
  7. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

#27     Jun 12, 2012
  8. "... Tsing, you've got to try an M-14 or one if its carbine gas variants. I think you might like the power...."

I have fond remembrance of the M-14. Fired it only once... for qualification at Ft. Carson, CO., when I was 18. The recoil kept kicking the receiver up into my lip. I ended up swollen and a little bloody, but I wasn't going to let THAT stop me from earning and Expert Marksman ribbon... (Also later qualified with the M-16 in basic training... tiny recoil by comparison...)

#28     Jun 12, 2012
  9. dcvtss

dcvtss

Only birdshot won't overpenetrate, but it's not an effective man stopper. Waiting to charge your weapon in the presence of an intruder only gives your position away. The best weapon is one you can hit things with and operate easily under stress, the rest is academic.

#29     Jun 13, 2012
  10. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Which is why my preferred home defense weapon is my 40cal Sig p226 with hollow points.

#30     Jun 13, 2012