I am sure am glad there is no inflation

Discussion in 'Economics' started by myminitrading, Jun 15, 2007.

1. I think we need to break out dependence on foreign bread

#11     Jun 15, 2007
  2. TGregg

TGregg

#12     Jun 15, 2007
  3. "dayum i remember those days...watered down milk and the brick of cheese. nooooooooooooooooooooo i aint ever going backkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk"

I hear ya. I used to swipe my dad's Goebbels beer, geesus was I glad when I got a paper route and could afford my own beer. Do you know what it is like growing up with family that drank Goebbels?

#13     Jun 15, 2007
  4. ElCubano

ElCubano

i can relate....ever heard of piels? i think thats how they spell it...i think it used to be like 2.99 a six pack....now a six pack is $9.00 ( newcastle)

#14     Jun 15, 2007
  5. piezoe

piezoe

According to Convertibility...yoy on core 2.2% running below 2006's core of 2.6%
    Past 3 months alone core running at 1.6% annualized rate.

I guess after everyone buys food and gas there is no money left for "core" items. This is apparently bringing down the demand for core items and doing a "beautiful" job of "controlling" inflation. We don't need the Fed's help in controlling inflation, all we need are sky high fuel and food costs. The government ought to add a dollar a gallon more tax on fuel, that will bring inflation down even lower than its already rock bottom level. Boosting milk prices to $5.00 per gallon should also help control inflation. In fact, i suggest we modify the method of computing the CPI to include only items we don't need or want like pogo sticks, the George Foreman grill, and the Flobee hair cutting attachment for your vacuum cleaner. That should lower the inflation rate to damn near zero. :D

#15     Jun 15, 2007
  6. inflate or die. Its the only way to keep this system going.

#16     Jun 15, 2007
  7. "inflate or die."

Innovate, merge, increase customers, hedge/arb aspects of your business.

#17     Jun 15, 2007