I am really in need of Some Advice...

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Nelson1980, Mar 15, 2003.

1. West Coast is worst for trading unless you are an very early bird - the market opens at 6 AM here - for me it is a distinct disadvantage - in fact we are gonna move to Florida soon for the sunshine and EST.

Just try and get in a pre-market move at 4:30 am... my eyes aren't even open till 9 am my time - hey, no wonder I struggle :( :confused: :eek:

Definitely move east.

Paul (a Seattle trader)

#21     Mar 17, 2003
  2. Sorry. I am an early bird. :D

well, lets just say I don't need much sleep. :cool:

#22     Mar 17, 2003

3. That will change after you get you clock cleaned for you by traders that have been up for a couple hours and are way more informed and awake because they have a 3 hour head start on the news/sentiment.

I can tell you are young and dumb to think that it will last that you don't need much sleep. Wait until you are over 25.

Good luck

#23     Mar 17, 2003
  4. Arnie

Arnie

Nelson,

Don't know what part of NC you're in, but Bright Trading has an office in Norfolk. Maybe you could check it out. It would be a whole lot cheaper than living in NY.

#24     Mar 17, 2003
  5. You are so right about it. I am even considering moving to Europe because of that. I almost never fall asleep before 1 AM and have to get up before 6:30 AM. It really sucks!

#25     Mar 17, 2003
  6. Thats sounds real good. I def. will be checking it out. I am in the Triangle (Ral-Dur-Chapel Hill) and I don't think it is that long of a commute.

I was either thinking about taking myself either to,

NY (big city in east coast) or LA (big city in west coast) or Atlanta.

But something close and cheap sounds real good. :)

#26     Mar 17, 2003
  7. Wow. Norfolk is a nice city, its close to beaches. I never knew that.

#27     Mar 17, 2003
  8. fourcups

fourcups Guest

With every loss is a lesson.Most established traders don't train anymore because of loyalty(unless they own firm or make on commish).I would say trade prop but there is a learning curve(few months) so it will take time.But it all depends on your $ situation!Plus market has been very tough(grinders market).Think it over but do your homework first before you make your decision!

#28     Mar 17, 2003
  9. 2 more questions.

1. Would the Bright Trading's Norfolk office or for that matter, any office at a smaller city when compared to NY, LA, Miami etc be smaller and lacking in training materials?

2. How would I go about establishing a Track Record to make it easier for a firm to hire me? (I looked around some websites, and they all ask for some kind of track record if I have any.)

#29     Mar 18, 2003

10. ....your long lost son, TM_DIRECT...DAD!!!! I LOVE YOU MAN!!:D :D [/B][/QUOTE]

lol...

it was a fun series here.....

If i were looking to relocate for trading purposes (away from Tucson where trading is a half day deal), I would pick Singapore.

I did the Swiss thing (Zurich suburb) which is fun and Grennwich Conn etc... now the palms and snow capped peaks are fun and I can hop to LA and fly anywhere from there.

Does anybody make any money on the prop thing? It seems so dumb and limiting but I am very ignorant too ..

#30     Mar 18, 2003