I am re-shorting AAPL

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by retaildaytrader, Mar 31, 2010.

1. [​IMG]

#41     Apr 9, 2010

2. --------------------------------------------------------

re: baron's so-called experienced traders who've come full circle and don't look for good content on ET, rather they provide it!!!!!

:) :D :D

Pops,

I know you think this is just some stupid message board, that nobody gives a shit, so you can just drop your load right on the living room floor when there are designated restrooms like Chitchat, Politics et al feely available and marked quite well with banners.

At least show some respect for a trading venue that some of us believe to be a place of honor where real men take real positions, tell us how much/where/why of their real money they have placed at risk based on their analysis and study of the market/stock. When they lose, it hurts us too, when they win, we win too because we learn from them.

Reminding you that even when you nail pussy there has to be an entry and exit.

why be a schmuck and come back like so many clowns and tell us later, "its at resistance, I got out nicely!"

Sir, your entry/TPexit/stop/reasons/analysis et al.

Thank you kindly, and God bless you.

#42     Apr 10, 2010
  3. The thing is that "you guys" are a bunch of jokers. In fact, its not just "you guys", but its the entire public as a whole. Everyone keeps going through these cycles of euphoria and despair. I see the same things happening again and again. For example, lets take "Asiaprop". Just another guy that follows me around on this board kind of like the guys following me around on the ole days back on Yahoo finance.

So you know that situations seem to happen again and again...you learn from them. Places like Elitetrader cannot be moderated appropriately and those sites that are moderated turn into places of confidence that will blow your account when the market turns (see confirmation bias on wikipedia). I would rather be on an unmoderated board then be on a moderated one where opinions are not criticized or fleshed out...its a bitch falling victim to confirmation bias.

I am an adult and know who is who on this board. I can tell you that my past work experience makes me a good judge of character, but I have a flexible mind. If guys like Asiaprop were to start posting some good information then my opinion will change. I am loyal to my wallet first and foremost.

I am expecting a big red candle down on Apple this week and if it does not happen then I will cover my short and simply short at a higher price. Win some, lose some. It doesnt matter to me and doesnt turn me away from the poker table when I lose a hand nor do I take it personally. Its just a game folks. Dont get tilted.

#43     Apr 10, 2010
  4. NoDoji

NoDoji

I'm curious if price doesn't hit your stop loss by 4/19, would you hold it through earnings?

#44     Apr 10, 2010
  5. While I may not buy the IPAD since I like just using a Windows laptop, you need to focus on the facts while investing or trading. When both the facts and price show the opposite, then kill the trade. A stock making higher 52 week highs has no resistance, eventually it may pullback, but I don't see an edge to shorting it.

Same with the opposite, a stock that broke its 52 week lows, shows no support, and should not be bought.

For short term trading, buying new highs, and selling new lows has more edge than trading against the trend.

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE6374H820100409?type=technologyNews

(Reuters) - Apple CEO Steve Jobs showed off a new smartphone operating system on Thursday that features an advertising platform to compete with Google's, and revealed stronger-than-expected sales of 450,000 units for the iPad.

#45     Apr 10, 2010
  6. i want to short this also but.. as long as the market continues higher or flat- AAPL is THE bull stock/

a healthy pullback to 215 is due,

as with ES/YM/NQ:eek:

#46     Apr 10, 2010
  7. Stok

Stok

I'm buying the 2011 Jan 330 LEAPS ;-)

Up, Up and Beyond!!!

#48     Apr 10, 2010
  8. can someone explain this table for me?? i'm lost..

is the analysis based on something like "if you buy AAPL on APRIL 12 of ANY YEAR.. and hold it for 1,2,3,4,5.. days the historical return is??

#49     Apr 10, 2010
  9. spinn

spinn

dont waste your time, what happens going forward has nothing to do with the past.

#50     Apr 10, 2010