I am re-shorting AAPL

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by retaildaytrader, Mar 31, 2010.

1. Just got the news off the wires. IPAD sales somewhat disappointing for the first day...price is starting to dip and dump down in the pre-market session.

"Apple sells over 300,000 iPads first day (235.97)The co announces that it sold over 300,000 iPads in the US as of midnight Saturday, April 3. These sales included deliveries of pre-ordered iPads to customers, deliveries to channel partners and sales at Apple Retail Stores. Apple also announced that iPad users downloaded over one million apps from Apple's App Store and over 250,000 ebooks from its iBookstore during the first day. "It feels great to have the iPad launched into the world -- it's going to be a game changer," said Steve Jobs, Apple's CEO. "iPad users, on average, downloaded more than three apps and close to one book within hours of unpacking their new iPad."

#21     Apr 5, 2010
  2. :D

#22     Apr 5, 2010
  3. Great call on that short

Thats why you're an ET hero. great call! hahaha
    :D

#23     Apr 7, 2010
  4. F112358

F112358

5. well, seems our friend is pretty quiet these days. Of course he will re-appear once Apple sheds could points of course insisting he never went short AAPL in the first place. LOL, what a joker

#25     Apr 7, 2010
  6. muller

muller

don't deny his entertainment value.
    that's why I've taken him off of my blocked list :p

#26     Apr 7, 2010
  7. I am still here. Unlike yourself with your multiple ids and online persona and such, I am not on here all the time. In fact, I disappear for days at a time and why is that? That is because I have a life. Its a nice day out and a lot of things are going on. I honestly do not want to spend my life on here essentially responding to trolls. I dont believe thats the best way to spend ones life.

If you noticed my last thread in January where I said I was shorting Apple and Goog, I was not right at the exact time, but it was a profitable trade. The fact is very few people out there can time trades at the exact time, but many people are right eventually and hopefully in between those times there is not a significant drawdown. I said I was a trader not a man that predicts the future. I cant predict exact times.

If you noticed, there was a big drop on the ES and across all of the indexes. You might be asking "Now how did that happen?" Its caused by a lack of liquidity. It has nothing to do with the fundamentals of Apple or the economy. The buying power is exhausting itself across the market and now it is no longer there. My model stated that we were reaching the limits of liquidity, but I was not certain as to the exact time as I am never certain.

My model dictated on February 1st that liquidity was picking up again and I covered my shorts. Again, the indicator was not precise as it never ever will be.

If I bow out of here from time to time it doesnt mean I left Elitetrader. It just means that I am actually doing something with my life...dont mistake my absence for abandonment. I apologize if I do not have the time, like yourself, to devote to the site each day, but I feel doing other things is more in line with my interests. Sorry if I hurt your feelings.

My short term price target is 210 according to my model.

Get yourself outside now...its a great day and I plan on spending it there...

#27     Apr 7, 2010
  8. When people on ET say "My model" do they think we believe that are actually modeling in a sophisticated manner or do they understand we know they are inserting their thumb up their ass and judging the markets liquidity by how brown it is when they pull out.

Jesus, the more wrong a guy is on here the more posturing he uses to try and convince us he has a basis for his dart throwing.

Goldman and JP MORGAN have models. You have a thumb.

#28     Apr 7, 2010
  9. Caused by a lack of liquidity? Really, so you're saying that it has nothing to do with bernake's comments, coupled with oil prices, the 10Y auction, increase in gold stocks and still concerns over Greece's debt issues?
    You're a fuc(*ng moron.
    I seriously hope that if you even have a position in apple (which I doubt to begin with) that it goes to 300 and you're stops aren't in. You shouldn't even be posting on here.

#29     Apr 7, 2010
  10. Dont make up lies buddy. You were WAY too early in January and AAPL pulled back up AS EXPECTED after a short-term correction. The extend of the correction NEVER warranted putting on shorts at such horrible risk/reward ratios and having the trade go initially against you.

Isnt it convenient to shout SHORT when market are trending up, hoping for the small chance to be right, while bullshitting yourself out of your call when you are most likely wrong? You never gave stops or targets, fact is AAPL blew through any sensible stop at the time you made your AAPL short calls.

And dont BS around you know exactly what I mean with you being absent: You blissfully ignore your multiple short SPX and AAPL calls days and weeks ago while the market ticked the whole time against you, all the way until now. You are a snake oil salesman who apparently seems to have to promote a sleazy website where you mention you block or ban people if they are not sharing your opinion. LOSER!!!

#30     Apr 7, 2010