I am re-shorting AAPL

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by retaildaytrader, Mar 31, 2010.

1. but then without retailtrader you would not have any retests anymore in the first place ;-)

#11     Apr 3, 2010
  2. Its guys like you why they made all these stalking laws. You cant get away with stalking people in real life so you do it on the internet. Hehe. I never thought my vibe would give me such a following.

#12     Apr 4, 2010
  3. Dont know who is shorting AApl, but if you do, it had better be quick.

Very strong uptrend with no sign of weakness seen on my charts, anyway.

#13     Apr 4, 2010
  4. This is why people lose money in the stock market. They are afraid to buy stocks that are going up, and afraid to short them when they are going down. They always THINK they missed the move because they use THEIR logic. Unfortunately for them, THEIR logic has nothing to do with market movement.

#14     Apr 4, 2010
  5. Amen.

#15     Apr 4, 2010
  6. S2007S

S2007S

Everyone thinks apple is going one way, up. Right now it certainly looks like that but what many fail to understand is that there is always a top, many will be caught off guard when it tops and starts to correct, by the time you notice this stock is a definite short it will already be down 15%+.

#16     Apr 5, 2010
  7. [​IMG]

#17     Apr 5, 2010
  8. can you elaborate because I think this is the biggest issue a lot of people seem to have and I totally do not understand why. How can you miss it when a stock makes a top, marks a turning point because of a significant catalyst, and subsequently breaks its longer term support? The stock does not have to go down 15% for that, certainly by a 4-5% yes but nobody ever got rich by picking tops or bottoms. You get to ride the remaining 10% should it ever significantly break down. Why would you notice it only after it broke down 15%?

Look at Google, Toyota, Rimm, Palm, and uncountably many examples. I think this is at the core of trading. Those who dont test ideas, who do not acquire empirical evidence will always remain anxious to short into a falling stock and adding to longs on stocks that break out. If you ever tested ideas on historical prices will never know and instead be slaves to their emotions and what other self proclaimed gurus have to say.

Inconceivable....

#18     Apr 5, 2010
  9. <object width="660" height="405"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JQ1Y43u3uhM&hl=en_US&fs=1&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JQ1Y43u3uhM&hl=en_US&fs=1&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="405"></embed></object>

#19     Apr 5, 2010
  10. lynx

lynx

#20     Apr 5, 2010