I am proud of America

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Brandonf, Nov 5, 2008.

1. No allegations jackass. Both parties steal from people to reward groups that support them. May be you are clueless, but car companies are begging and lobbying for big bailouts. They are spreading propaganda in every tv channel about how if they dont get handouts and go bankrupt how there will be so many joblosses, just like financial companies scared the shit out of everyone until we got the $700 billion bailout for them

#51     Nov 5, 2008
  2. Lucrum

Lucrum

"I am proud of America"

For the first time in my life, I'm not.

#52     Nov 5, 2008
  3. Get used to the feeling mate, most of us have had that feeling for nearly 8 years now...

#53     Nov 5, 2008
  4. Mecro

Mecro

To be blunt, you are a moron if you believe the whole "CHANGE" campaign. The only thing that is gonna change is the rate at which you're getting screwed.

Go ahead and call me a Bush/McCain lover, like the media has conditioned you to think. Because you certainly don't think for youself. If you had, you would realize that the political system in US has been corrupted a very long time ago and the whole presidential race is just a facade.

#54     Nov 5, 2008
  5. Personally, I think it is time to effectively disenfranchise the far right. Sic the IRS on them, strip the evangelical churches of their tax free status. Jail the wall street crooks. Strangle the Pro Life terrorist movement.

It's payback time baby. Bunker down you right wing dogs. Barry O'Bomber is coming to get you!

#55     Nov 5, 2008
  6. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

He's not going to touch Wall Street. The vast majority of Wall Street types who are politically active are democrats. Goldman Sachs employees donated to Obama at something like 5 to 1 over McCain. Chicago based funds donated to Obama at something like 10 to 1 over McCain. In 2004 Wall Street gave nearly twice as much to Kerry as they gave to Bush. Clinton always got a lot of money from them etc. If you think that he is going to go after his money train your nuts. It's wonderfully funny to see the democrats convince a retarded electorate that they are the ones who will go after the greedy wall street crooks and that the republican party is in bed with them. The actual facts show that it is the democratic party who benefits from Wall Street, not the republican party.

#56     Nov 5, 2008
  7. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

I also think that he does need to be careful on social issues if he truly wishes to bring Americans back together again as one people. He does not have nearly the mandate that some of you think he has right now, and one only need to look at the social issues on the ballots last night to have a very clear picture. In California gay marriage was outlawed, in Florida essentially all rights where taken away from any couple other than a hetro. married one. In Arkansas only married hetro couples can adopt are partake in the foster care system. South Dakota came very close to an outright ban on abortion. Obama won in both Florida and California, which means an awful lot of CONSERVATIVES came to the polls and voted for him, but they have not given up the core conservative values that they have. If he is not mindful of that and decides to listen to people like you he will be looked at by history as just as bad of a president as Bush. A huge number of people like Oktiri voted for Obama. He needs to remember that.

Brandon

#57     Nov 5, 2008
  8. Speaking of terrorists, bombings, and churches, any chance of disenfranchising unrepentant terrorists like Ayers, or America-hating preachers like Wright?

Didn't think so....

Another moonbat who either didn't listen to Obama's speech or could care less....

#58     Nov 5, 2008
  9. so basically you have no trust in US, democracy. people. everyone's on the 'take' and you spend most your time holed up in your bunker counting your acorns?

thats sad :(

#59     Nov 5, 2008
  10. Ok, let's see. In the Obama - Black or Arab thread, you suddenly saw the light and were calling for unity and the need to move forward in a bi-partisan way.

Don comes in here and makes a similar statement, and you leap down his throat and start picking shit out of your ass and throwing it, like some lower primates do.

In the past you have shown that you are by far the biggest hypocrite on this site. Clearly your last relapse into active alcoholism has done nothing to convince you that it's wrong to lie.

By the way, we're still waiting for your explanation as to why you were banned from ET at least twice, under the usernames Optional777 and aRogueTrader? Can you give us some insight as to what you did to get banned?

I wonder if Don Bright has ever been banned. I know I haven't.

#60     Nov 5, 2008