I am proud of America

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Brandonf, Nov 5, 2008.

1. stock_trad3r,

While the world woke up today thinking : "so America is really a country where one works hard and can make it", it is sad to see
    - you stock_trad3r, bringing in negativity and evil thoughts.

may be America doesn't deserve him

#11     Nov 5, 2008
  2. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

You should get over yourself too. Stock trader still thinks that Enron is coming back and is a good buy because it's had a long record of success.

#12     Nov 5, 2008
  3. I watched both speeches last night. I only wish the dialogue was as elevated throughout the entire campaign.

John McCain is a true hero who sacrificed enormously for the country. But his most opportune time was 2000 when he lost to Bush.

On seeing Jesse Jackson's reaction to Obama's win it occurred to me that Obama was singularly capable of accomplishing what he did. The scars of the fight for civil rights would never allow a black man from that era to ascend to the Presidency. Obama is unique in where he lived (Hawaii), how he was raised (by white grandparents) and how he was educated (Harvard) to actually live an American Dream life without the benefit of being born into wealth.

The Great Experiment continues. America is a pioneer again - and pioneers either discover new worlds and prosper or end up with arrows in their backs. We can all only hope and work for the former and not the latter.

#13     Nov 5, 2008
  4. Mvic

Mvic

Well said Brandon, so far the rehtoric seems not to be self indulgent gloating but rather constructive and concilliatory. May this spirit continue.

#14     Nov 5, 2008
  5. I wonder what Ron Paul did with all that money he raised for his presidential money that he never spent...

#15     Nov 5, 2008
  6. Hey gave it to feed the starving children.

#16     Nov 5, 2008
  7. Nice thought, wonder if there is any truth to it...

#17     Nov 5, 2008
  8. He gave it to his family and he's said that he's going to use it to start a business. (Seriously.)

#18     Nov 5, 2008
  9. How could his supporters blame him, after all, Ron Paul never claimed that he wasn't an opportunist capitalist who would take advantage of the stupidity of followers....

#19     Nov 5, 2008
  10. How dare you oppose his freedom, liberty, niceness and all the other requisite buzzwords.

#20     Nov 5, 2008