I am now SHORT the market

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by NY_HOOD, Dec 16, 2008.

1. if you enjoy losing money. ..

#21     Dec 16, 2008
  2. Shaqi

Shaqi

When most people think the market will collpase - it will do the exact opposite - and vice versa - dont you see that this is a bear market that is shrugging off bad news time and time again - what will happen then on good news???

#22     Dec 16, 2008
  3. Agree. We're climbing a very steep wall of worry like in 2003. All bad news is priced in.

#23     Dec 16, 2008
  4. Oh come on lighten up.

Gloating is bragging about weekly and monthly returns. I never said I was the best trader ever i was merely using sarcasm.

Being sarcastic towards a guy that shorts before the biggest rate cut in history is quite acceptable. It's like buying on news of an atom bomb hitting New York.

What it sounds like was that you actually shorted too.

You either have zero humor and become extremely offended when anyone makes a joke about another person losing money which shows how hyper sensitive and chemically imbalanced you are or you lost a shit load of money with that rate cut because you were dumb enough to short it as well.

Either way it's hard to take a person seriously when they say get lost when you have clearly either lost a large portion or your mind or your account.

By the way i do think the market will return downwards to reality after this rate cut reaction is over. Trying to make it sound like I don't know what I am talking about because the market uproared today even though i made a monthly hypothesis on the opposite direction of the uproar only signals your inability to judge the markets.

#24     Dec 16, 2008
  5. richrf

richrf

Market is poised to decisively break through important resistance levels. Shorts will capitulate. Longs will get more aggressive. I am letting my positions run, and will purchase more on any significant dip. Looking for a minimum 50% retracement from confirmed nov. 21st market bottom. From here, the market will not look back until the public is back in. Then it will drop, as public gets back to even.

#25     Dec 16, 2008
  6. hughb

hughb

Sorry it didn't work out for you, but you had a good stop to get you out. And thanks for posting it up front in real time, you got the hecklers in the peanut gallery all riled up.

#26     Dec 16, 2008
  7. still a noob though

#27     Dec 16, 2008