I am not fooled...it is time to sell sell sell!

Discussion in 'Trading' started by blowingup2012, Mar 13, 2012.

1. Not even the French spell it that way. So we can assume you'll take a sabbatical from ET while you're on your vacation?

#21     Mar 13, 2012
  2. So, we can assume you were all-in at S&P 666? I remember all the doom and gloom then. Now people want to buy after this huge run up?! It don't make any sense. Maybe that's my problem, I'm trying to apply common sense to the markets? Then again, common sense worked when scaled into BAC and NFLX at the lows (of course, I had no idea they'd turn out to be the lows).
    What happened to buy low, sell high? Now, it's buy high, buy more higher.

#22     Mar 13, 2012
  3. So you're at JFK or the hotel? Hmmm, something ain't quite right here. I'll have to question your veracity on this one.

#23     Mar 13, 2012
  4. Or you could just take the other side of his trade. He blew up.

:D

#24     Mar 13, 2012
  5. the mkt is up because I haven't called the top, as I've done in every instance over the last decade.

#25     Mar 13, 2012
  6. ocean5

ocean5

In a few months time he`ll be profitable alright.

#26     Mar 13, 2012
  7. More nonsense from EMG...Dont let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya on the way back to your hobble!

#27     Mar 13, 2012
  8. First off to the guy who mentioned this is the most undervalued market...where do I begin? Valuation is just "mental masturbation". Its not going to assist us with finding out if the market will go up or down. It wont assist us with trading. I guess its nice to read a valuation report on the stock you are trading for curiosity sake, but I dont think it will give us much help. Morningstar does great write ups and I think a premium membership to your site will give you some background on the stocks you are trading, but Im not certain if it will really help you.

http://www.morningstar.com/market-valuation/market-fair-value-graph.aspx

When I pointed earlier the flaws in the vacation legitimacy argument I did so as an exercise in a trader not really seeing the big picture. If the European situation were really solved, wouldnt commodities be moving up? Wouldnt the Euro be moving up? Why does it seem the $CRB commodities index seems to be decoupling away from the rest of the market? What about all these Greece stocks? If everything was solved in Greece then why are they all in the red today despite a big surge up in the market?

http://www.finviz.com/screener.ashx?v=111&f=geo_greece&o=-volume

Then there is the Nikkei. Is the Nikkei surging and the Yen breaking out to historical levels a good thing? If the Nikkei goes up then interest rates will follow and there goes your liquidity.

When you wake up in the morning you will realize there is a lot more here then meets the eye. March is a month that will fool the best and I think my biggest mistake was trading during this uncertain time period.

My best guess is the CRB Index and the S&P500 is a pairs trade. I dont believe they decoupled. One will follow the other one, but Im not going to guess. Im going to leave the poker table as I believe the table is now a suckers game. The table is rigged and my experience is to go away when I cant really figure out what will come next.

I might post in the next few weeks maybe to post up pictures of my trip. There is only one undersea cable which goes to the island and it doesnt work too well. Plus I dont want to interupt my margarita and sunshine time.

#28     Mar 13, 2012
  9. damn, should have never listened to you.

I went short on a day on which the hind-sight tells me I should never short.

Lost big money today, 1/3 of my account was gone.

Thanks to you, blowingup!:mad: :mad: :mad:

#29     Mar 14, 2012
  10. showmoney

showmoney

You are not alone. The same for me.

#30     Mar 14, 2012