I am not a trader

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Ricter, Jan 18, 2012.

1. Ricter

Ricter

But I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night...

Seriously, Mods, can I stay here at ET? I promise to stay in the basement.

2. Maverick74

Maverick74

Are you saying you have never placed a single trade in your life? Not a one? Surely you placed one by accident.

3. bpcnabe

bpcnabe

He traded his soul and independence for a discredited political ideal.

Does that count?

4. Maverick74

Maverick74

Ouch! That's going to leave a mark. :)

5. bone

bone

Harsh. True, but harsh.

Ricter is a keeper. Good guy.

6. Ricter

Ricter

No word from the gods.

Back in the latter part of the '90s I was trading, I guess you could call them swing trades, using the strategy outlined by, not sure I recall correctly, The Armchair Investor. Portfolio spread across US large cap, US small cap, and foreign companies, roughly one-third each. I actually did fairly well, and just out of luck (going into business at that time) sold everything near the top. I guess the so-called Bush bubble was mostly responsible, ie. don't confuse a bull market with skill.

7. Maverick74

Maverick74

So why do you have over 8k posts on a website dedicated to trading if you don't trade? I mean I wouldn't post over 8k times on say, an equestrian web site, even if on the bottom of the forum there was a chit chat section. I would only post there if I had an interest in horses.

8. Ricter

Ricter

I had some questions here at one time. In theory, I could have stumbled on a forum like P&R that was not related to the host domain's main topic, say horses.com/offtopic/politicsandsuch, which the domain owner created for off-topic chat. That's quite common, actually. : )

9. no problem ricter

you don't need sound political beliefs to trade

so give it another shot

10. Ricter

Ricter

At trading, or my political beliefs? ; )

#10     Jan 24, 2012