i am new, where is a good starting point?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by SoCalHeli, Mar 4, 2004.

1. :D sounds good, ill head out there right now.

#21     Mar 5, 2004
  2. Trucail

Trucail

Finally, a thread to watch.

I'm researching things and deciding if I have what it takes to trade "more often". I guess I qualify as an investor at this point and border on being a trader. An extremely undisciplined one at that. I've been lucky the last 10 years and done better than the averages, but damned if I know why.

As far as advice, I can check off most all the above mentioned (except Vegas, I doubt that would fly with the wife). I'm really working on getting myself to be more mechanical in my actions and I'm writing some software to hopefully address that. I need to find a good equation that I fit into.

What really interests me at this point are the nuts and bolts of what it takes to make a living trading. I really haven't been able to get a handle on how much would be needed to start with and what would be a reasonable expectation as to returns. That's a pretty loaded question with some huge variations, but i would imagine that enough thoughts and hind-sights from those here could be a good starting point.

Time to get back to reading, you guys sure like to write :)

(And having the spell checker on this board is great!)

#22     Mar 5, 2004