I am looking for someone to review my /YM (paper) trades before I go live

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by Av8rdan, Dec 19, 2018.

1. Overnight

Overnight

P.S. If you wish to have the thread deleted, you can send a PM to @Baron or @Magna . They will do this for you if you ask. :)

#21     Dec 19, 2018
  2. %%
    Sounds OK; since the main trends a are mostly down. I use more limit orders; but markets liquid enough to use market orders. I would not enter a short, on DEC 31.....................:cool::cool:.

#22     Dec 20, 2018
  3. It is not just a tick here and there. TOS always fills you at the last price traded so you are off a tick on just about every order. You need a good simulater like Sierra Charts that sells to the bid and buys the ask on market orders and also lets you bulid in commissions into each sim trade. Do this successfully for months then you know you can trade successfully on a simulated basis. Why then would you need confirmation of the very results that you can clearly see.

Another factor is that TOS futures quotes have a hard time keeping current in very active markets so any results on the TOS demo account are suspect from the gitgo. TOS is king of options but horrible on futures.

#23     Dec 30, 2018