I am looking for a firm to start as a prop trader

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by scalpmaster, Oct 12, 2007.

1. timcar

timcar

One could argue that as a "Hedge Fund Trader" this person might make trades that are somewhat risky because if the trade proves profitable the fund makes money and so does manger, IF trade lost say Big Money well it was other investors funds, maybe they will forgive manger this time.

#11     Oct 16, 2007
  2. I know, I know, don't ask questions, but...

Is your system automated or are you trading it manually?

#12     Oct 16, 2007
  3. EPrado

EPrado

"What this does mean is that YOU CAN PARTICIPATE IN STRATEGIES THAT ACTUALLY WORK VS. "Picking a Stock's direction" or "Picking the overall direction of the market."
    - Don Bright

Don

Are you saying that outright / picking a direction is not a profitable method? Kinda bold statement there my friend.

#13     Oct 16, 2007
  4. Scalp,

Look at the number of downloads of your statement; Maybe you can arrange with ET to charge per click like GOOGLE. Soon you can setup your own online Propshop and advertise:

"Please pass the details, step by step of your trading secret/systems and participation deposit of $25K and we can arrange for you to trade like a fund manager! We are very stringent in our selection process. Also, if you want to buy or sell any property, contact us too!"

A number of our ex-college mates have asked me if I could trade for them since they have no time to monitor their trades and could only invest long term in mutual funds/ETFs/Bank Structured products(which included subprime CDOs).
    Some proposed a 40%:40% scheme, meaning at the end of a period (3 mths or 1 year), I take 40% of the net profit or compensate 40% of the loss if it is a net loss.

A gambler I met, after hearing this, straight away told me it's a fantastic deal. I ask why?

"Just tell them you lost everything and you get to keep 60% of whatever they gave you"

So, did these hedge funds really lose that much?

#14     Oct 16, 2007
  5. I am going to be a little busy soon...

but for the lazy FX traders out there,

this is a simple basket I recommend to hold until XMAS...

LONG 4 lots X AUD/CAD
    LONG 1 lot X CAD/CHF
    SHORT 3 lots X USD/CAD

You may scale-in/scale out along the way for partial profit taking but maintain this ratio no matter what your capital is.

#15     Oct 17, 2007
  6. Why do you even need to exploit demo accts when you can have different real accounts of opposite trades and hold for about a year or more to show a decent track record? :D

Just square off and apply for your hedge fund manager job.

#16     Oct 18, 2007
  7. lazy9

lazy9

ive been trading with razr trading for about 6 months and havnt had any problems. i get a check 3 days from the time i request it, and they are very helpfull. check out the web site www.razrtrading.com

#17     Nov 19, 2007
  8. You go out and contact firms not the other way around. Why do you think that just because you posted prop firms would come running to you.

Do some research on prop firms and go contact them for rates and leverage and deposit info and decide who is best for you.

They do not need you, you need them...

#18     Nov 19, 2007
  9. Lazy...what are the rates at Razar please?

I would be interested speaking with them but would like your comments about them?

Thanks -

#19     Nov 19, 2007
  10. lazy9

lazy9

I know they offer both ticket and Per share but I pay a ticket price of $8 because I trade 2500 share blocks and the Per Share price would of ate me up. There is a guy next to me who pays .007 but im not sure how much he trades. Ive checked alot of Props and they were as good if not better than in pricing and the only one that would offer me a ticket price.

#20     Nov 20, 2007