I am leaving this forum and a protest note

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Onlygold, Dec 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I'm sorry, I don't pay attention to anything Peilthetraveller says.

#31     Dec 8, 2009
  2. Onlygold

Onlygold

You are the moderator. You don't need to say sorry. The forum has made known I'm not welcome and that's it. I'll only debate you a little more as long as I have a reason.

About $50,000 gold, you do not want a reason or hear. You ignore Peilthetraveller and chose your Econs professor as your gods. Simply siding a group of people and just ignoring the reasonings of others never make you wiser in your economics.

As long as you are tied to any likes and dislikes (even on gold), you won't be very much of a man. But you have many, many supporters and thats very important. Whether not believing gold will reach $50,000 be a cardinal sin does not matter.

BTW, being direct, I don't show you much respect despite many here worshiping your action. Why can't you just let me have a little more fun before leaving and leave the thread in premium space for 48 hours - So fast to chit chat
    :confused:

#32     Dec 8, 2009
  3. Get lost. Only vertebrates are allowed to post here...

#33     Dec 8, 2009
  4. You know what's more likely than $50,000 gold? The US government confiscating gold or the beginning of World War III. That's why your conclusion of $50K gold is laughable... it assumes a rise to $50K and the US government doing nothing about it.

$50K gold implies a world gone mad. There are a series of circumstances, equally catastrophic, that would occur before the $50K gold. And thus, $50K gold could not occur.

The US government would sooner sabotage its creditors' governments than pay them back in gold. Think it thru.

#34     Dec 8, 2009
  5. Onlygold

Onlygold

I thought the people here all know metaphors.

When Jim Rogers says "Dollar goes to zero", it is his style of speech and we have to let him some leeway. The drop will be cut short far above zero by very signifcant events (same as what you mentioned) - people ridicule Rogers for that.

I expected people not to take $50,000 literally. What you say is correct. The idea is $300/400 is a bottom and no sane people assumes $35/oz to return.

Gold's (being useless) only equilibrium price is always the two quantities - gold and fiat. I only argue against Ivanovich not wanting to listen to Peilthetraveller. No one swallows a literal number - just mean much higher than most think.

#35     Dec 8, 2009
  6. There are 45,000 metaphors between $5,000 gold and $50,000 gold.

Why did you pick the $50K metaphor?

#36     Dec 8, 2009
  7. Jerry030

Jerry030

Who would be the combatants in WWIII and what wouod thy fight over?

#37     Dec 8, 2009
  8. Onlygold

Onlygold

English is not my mother tongue. I could have been wrong in the manner I put it the original or wrong in some other ways - I don't know.

The $50,000 is from calculation - but rejected by Ivanovich outright. No one should take those calculations literally.

I never counter check Peilthetravellers comparison to a rise from $35 to $1200. What it means is the rise is there but will surely be curtailed before the $1200 ($50,000) equivalent.

#38     Dec 8, 2009
  9. I'm not saying WWIII is a guarantee - I'm just saying it's more likely than $50K gold. And both are extreme low probability events.

But the other extreme:

The fairy tale/Hollywood ending of a growing US economy paying down or servicing the interest on the debt, maintaining Medicare and Social Security entitlements, and the military budget is NONSENSE.

#39     Dec 8, 2009
  10. Jerry030

Jerry030

For those who feel there life is incomplete because they aren’t sufficiently worried about approaching disaster, economic collapse or the swine flu, please visit Troubled Times. They have something for everyone including a color coding system for future disasters to come!

http://www.zetatalk.com/thub.htm
    "Troubled Times believes that a world-wide cataclysm, of massive proportions, will strike the Earth Troubled Times believes that a world-wide cataclysm, of massive proportions, will strike the Earth in 2003 or shortly thereafter. The cause of this natural event will be a monster planet, known to the ancients but as yet undiscovered by modern man, which will pass very near the earth as part of its normal 3,600 year orbit around the sun.

The ancient’s called this monster the 12th Planet, and as this magnetic giant passes by, it will force our North and South Poles to rotate 90 degrees. The shifting poles will drag the Earth's crust with them, ultimately producing a new global map in a matter of hours in a massive cataclysm affecting all life on earth. These events have occurred before, as ancient legends and Prophecies fortell, creating what man interprets to be ice ages, wandering poles and the flood, and have resulted in the extinction of the Mastodon and the sinking of Atlantis.
    Mankind survived these past cataclysms, some because they were lucky, and others because they foresaw events and took precautions. To prepare for this event, Troubled Times, a volunteer organization, was formed. The Troubled Times mission is to place into the public record a set of solutions for survival into the next century, solutions that are affordable, attainable, and which will produce a healthy lifestyle in the Aftertime. These solutions can be found radiating from The Hub of Troubled Times, which is icon driven to help the public rapidly locate information. "

#40     Dec 8, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.