I am leaving this forum and a protest note

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Onlygold, Dec 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. "Y2K - no collapse of the industrial world or the return of the Christian Christ, so "

because it was FIXED

you're just as stupid as the original poster,(maybe even dumber) if you think just because the Y2k crisis didn't end in disaster means that it was a fake or that other crisis aren't real, or that they can even be compared

Y2k required a vast change in corporate IT resources to address a real problem stemming from a mass managerial miscalculation about how many mainframe COBOL programs would still be running in 2000 (as well as countless other internal hardcoded programs that had a miscalculated life expectency earlier than 2000), and how many of them had not been checked. It's an issue that had fallen through the crack from a decade of massive 'downsizing' (early 1990s), mass client/server adaption, (early mid 1990s), internet mania (mid late 1990s)

It was a symptom of shitty quarter 'make the numbers' culture

anyone who dismisses it as hype just because it was averted is an idiot, who never spent a single day of their life in a corporate IT shop

it's like saying the cold war was a hoax and there was never any danger because the missiles never went off

#21     Dec 8, 2009
  2. Onlygold

Onlygold

If "5-wave-decline" means you believe in Elliot Waves, I'll be direct with you the last time - you belong to one who knows not he knows not and should usually be avoided - none has ever changed the religion of another as your Elliot wave is your misguided religion.

Elliot waves (Prechter is still around ?) and such never ever make money and if you trade with this, it is almost guaranteed you will only lose any capital you have. You are destined for failure in your trading endeavor to get rich. The way to trade and win is never about technical analysis and the fact that you took this as a religion means this is never your line - maybe becoming an actor is your line and you'll shoot to stardom.

The secret of trading is basically:
    1) a strategy
    2) discipline and mastery of greed.
    3) etc...
    The TA needed may be just a pair of eyes, a straight edge and pencil. - may be useful (contributes 5%) to add MA and crossings of MA. Anything more means you're not for destined for the line. Finally also a working brain.

#22     Dec 8, 2009
  3. Thank you, sir. I appreciate your compliment.

#23     Dec 8, 2009
  4. my handle is a JOKE, you fucking idiot!

when i was a kid, our neighbor had a dog just like you

i'd hold a stick, and then 'throw' with my arm, but not let go of the stick

dumb dog would run, then look for the stick in confusion

could do it 20 times in a row, although to his credit, he'd run a little less farther every time

did you find the stick, onlygold?

#24     Dec 8, 2009
  5. I read your other posts. Score = Ivan 1,628 You 0.000000782

Losing you is our gain. Kudos to Ivan and get lost, little boy.

You had the impact of a gentle summer breeze, trying to move the Milky Way galaxy.

#25     Dec 8, 2009
  6. Onlygold

Onlygold

I can't argue about "sources" - you made some remarks in another thread about quoting sources.
    If writing "The dollar has been weakening for the past decade with the dollar index falling 35% from 2001" needs to include sources, I then cannot qualify as it is too much.

As for analysis, everyone makes their own analysis - I don't ever quote what others write. But I'll accept Misthos judgement of amateurism - not acceptable in some circumstances.

About "scaremongering", I don't have a reply.

"Peilthetraveller" had already answered to your hyperbole "$50,000" doubt.

Is someone to stick only to formula/calculations that have been accepted by all ? No one wins an argument with a moderator.

#26     Dec 8, 2009
  7. Jerry030

Jerry030

I've been in IT for 30 years. Sure it needed fixing just like a dozen other short commings of modern computer technology. But it was hyped into the end o the world by:

1) Computer consuiltatns needing work
    2) the news media needing an if it bleeds it leads story
    3) THE NEED OF DISASTER ADDICTS TO HAVE SOMETHING TO WORRY ABOUT.

Prior to Y2K we had the predition of WWIII from Nostrodamaus in 1980, 1987, and 1996 and of course the prediction of Christian wackos of the second comming every few years. None of it ever happens.

Last year it was the colloapse of the bankig system world wide and a new dak age.... all we cn do is wait and hope. The math says that every few million years a good sized meteor should hit the Earth and really mess things up ...if we don't gradually kill the ecosystem before then. Keep hoping! (or get a new therapist)

#27     Dec 8, 2009
  8. I bought a particular stereo in 1999. Why did I buy this particular stereo? Because it was "Y2K compatible." This is the advertising the manufacturer used, and was very successful. Believe me...the Y2K scare was bullshit (with very few exceptions).

#28     Dec 8, 2009
  9. In early 2007, I started believing that the banking system would collapse. Not out of a "gut" feeling or any BS "prophecy", but from understanding central banking, the mortgage business/bubble, CDS and other derivatives, etc.... I used actual metrics, and I also based my conclusion on the past Enron/WorldCom end of the 1990s/2000 scandals and belief that corporate malfeasance is more pervasive than most think.

It DID collapse. But for the government's involvement, it would be a very different world today. Now the question is, did the government successfully hold off the collapse, or delay it?

Time will tell.

#29     Dec 8, 2009
  10. The Piper always must be paid, but will it be in worthless paper dollars? :eek:

#30     Dec 8, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.