i am junkie, how can i become clean ?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by HATEtheRisk, Sep 26, 2011.

1. Sorceries = 666

Necromancy=666

Channellers=666

Witchcraft=666

Horrors=666

Treacheries=666

Slaughter=666

Computer=666

Calculation=666

Corrupt=666

False Market=666

Stubborn=666

Unruly=666

Insanity=666

Illusion=666

Book of the Dead=666

Son of Sin=666

Geneticist=666

Vaccination=666

Quarrels=666

Lustful=666

Falling Away=666

#11     Sep 26, 2011
  2. I'd suggest packing a bag, traveling to some random place you've never been before for at least 6 months. Don't bring your computer, you can always check email at a rental place.

#12     Sep 26, 2011
  3. Put your focus on another investment vehicle like real estate.

#13     Sep 26, 2011
  4. Taking up golf is a great suggestion, as if you are as competitive as you seem to be, you will immediately become addicted to the game. Golf is something you can never master, and it's a great way to spend time outdoors, away from the computer.

You are addicted to the "rush" you get from trading, and you will experience that same rush each time you hit a good golf shot.

And you won't break your ankles like you did skateboarding, unless you trip over a log... :D

#14     Sep 26, 2011
  5. KDASFTG

KDASFTG

Greetings HTR,

If you're as successful as you say you are, then I see absolutely no reason why you need to give up "your hopeless addiction". Just change your point of focus. Stop doing the part of trading which has become a pain, and start doing more on the side of the trading which is your PASSION.

TEACH! And since you don't need the money anymore, do it for free, or to cover expenses only.

Within your church or local community start a Trading or Investment Club, one that is designed to help people become successful profitable traders. Show them how it can be done. Bring the dream alive for some folks who don't know how. Especially today, you are needed more than ever.

Share your PASSION, don't try to kill it. You have something to say, and the world needs to hear your message. Don't die with "your life's music" still in you. Share your PASSION.

Make it truly; "YOUR MAGNIFICENT OBSESSION"!

You will find it to be one of the most "truly rewarding" things you have ever done in your life.

KDASFTG

#15     Sep 26, 2011
  6. Hey man, I think I've talked to you about this before, but let me share my story with you as it might help.
    My system dictates 3 to 5 trades per month on average and about 15 minutes per day at the charts. But my need to trade kept me at the screen 6.5 hours per day and I made an average of 20 trades my first few months and lost money. The key to breaking the addiction was to realize what trading was offering me.
    Inside myself I beleived I could not have fun in life unless I was rich. I was living like a poor bachelor with bad furniture, and I never ate out, never spent money on anything except bills, and so on. My heart yurned to "have a life" and I withheld it from myself until I was a millionaire. And since trading was my fastest way there, I fixated on it.
    I was easily able to give up trading and back off to what my system dictated without any real self-discipline when I just went ahead and began to have a life. I began spending money on things that I really wanted like a bigger apartment in a nicer part of town, comfortable furniture, activities with friends, and joining a gym to meet people. I even signed up for a marathon because I wanted to. Previously I had been dumping $500 per month into trading and dreaming of the day when I could afford anything. But using most of that $500 for myself and focusing on what I really wanted instead of putting it off, my reliance on the market faded and I'm now able to follow my system and wait days, sometimes over a week, for the ideal trade set-up.
    I think you want something that trading can offer. But to get free of trading you should find another means for getting that thing you want. Make trading obsolete then it won't have a grip on you.

#16     Sep 26, 2011
  7. Don't share your system.

If you stop trading, let the system die with you. There is no reason to teach others.

#17     Sep 27, 2011
  8. I agree. Change environments for a while.

You'll be good to go. If anything, pick up a part time job. You can interact with people and get off the computer. :)

Excellent advice.

#18     Sep 27, 2011
  9. Ah, yes, i thought about that.

But actually i am teaching already one person i ve met her on the forum. But he will be the only one. Before there was another person, but we didnt understand us right, so it didnt work out...

But i try to teach this guy and i will se if i can turn him to an successfull trader with my kind of trading.

He will be the first and the last, i just want to see if i can do this....

Beside that, of course i will tell my children how to do "dadys" business.

---------------------
    I always wanted to make an world trip for a few years, only with my bagpack and creditcard and travel cheques - hidden in da shoes.
    Want to explore the andes. l love the mountains.
    Explore the wilderness of canada and australia.
    Explore India, Nepal + also Tibet....
    Wanna buy a boat and ship around....
    -------------
    thanks guys, for your honest opinions...
    I wish you the best and all good success in your business... : -)

cheers:) :) :)

#19     Sep 27, 2011
  10. What about stepping outside yourself for a minute and trying to do something to improve the world? Maybe make a commitment to do some charity work 3 times a week or even get a part time job so that you're actually contributing something to a cause other than yourself. I realize the very thought may make your brain explode, given the mindset of most traders, but I really think it could solve your problem and make you a happier, more appreciative person.

Best of luck.

#20     Sep 27, 2011