I am in the top 1% richest ppl in the world

Discussion in 'Economics' started by richardyu301, Jun 15, 2008.

1. Wow that guy sounds like he is a tool. Why do people want to flaunt their money so much? Is it a sign of success? I don't understand the logic of showing off your money and trying to stand out.

The real wealthy people actually attempt to hide their wealth...

#11     Jun 15, 2008
  2. 1mil/year, especially after taxes IS hardly REAL WEALTH... sure is AMAZING, how the 250-1M/year are categorized as wealthy, and TAXED to the HILT.

#12     Jun 15, 2008
  3. How many people make 1 million a year though, percentage wise. If you're HOUSEHOLD makes over $100,000 a year, you're in the top 10% of the United States.

Anyone that makes 1 million a year, can conservatively accumulate tons of wealth (compound interest lol). Obviously half of his income is taxed, but their are ways to get around with a good tax accountant and willingness to make some investments.

Don't create crazy standards. 1 million a year is amazing, even on Wall Street standards. Yes theres Traders & CEO that rake in 50 million a year, but their are so few of them.

#13     Jun 15, 2008
  4. yes it's a sign of success, at least in the eyes of the majority of the world population specially women and specially those in capitalist states

from a capitalist (specially american) perspective since everyone has equal opportunity those who make more money are smarter and better than those who make less, capitalism disregards the influence of some aspects of life on ones wealth including; the family one is born into, it's wealth, the initial wealth one had for investment (like wealth that was inherited), the monopoly the inherited company has over the market, and connections one has to start with. As a side note, at world's current state, connections are far more important than ones wealth, though in reality they are interconnected.

#14     Jun 15, 2008
  5. 1% of world population is something like 70 million people, how does that make you anything special

had you said top 0.0001%, you being like one of the top 7 thousand people then that would mean you are wealthy and your pride would make sense

#15     Jun 15, 2008
  6. LoL, that website is stupid in so many ways.

Just from my personal experience, in most of the US, yes, I'd be 'rich'. But I live in Manhattan, and just barely make ends meet. (My income is in like the top 10% in the US, but in the bottom 25% in my zip code, go figure).

#16     Jun 15, 2008
  7. oriol88

oriol88

the world has lost 700 milions inhabitants

#17     Jun 15, 2008
  8. I put in 300k/year, my household's annual income, and it says that puts you in the top .001% of the world (not a typo, check). It says only 107,000 people are richer. That's impossible. London and New York alone have more than 107,000 people making 300k/year.

#18     Jun 15, 2008
  9. I'm in the top 85% of the world's richest! A whole billion people can kiss my ass!

#19     Jun 15, 2008
  10. yeah this is bull. i put in 999,999,999,999 and im in the top 107k. i would guess id be # with that income. looks like they are trying to get you to contribute money to a cause

#20     Jun 15, 2008