i am in need of money and have turned to the market

Discussion in 'Trading' started by jack rabid, Dec 20, 2002.

1. LMAO.

kitty, if you decide to use this strategy, PM me and I'll sell you those calls REAL CHEAP - you'll even save a few $$$ on the spread...................

#41     Dec 20, 2002
  2. This is excellent advice! The clowns on this board don't trade profitably because they are bull headed do yourselfers.

Good one, puffy...

BOLT :cool:

#42     Dec 20, 2002
  3. gee bolt i wonder who you have in mind...

get lost. i'm not paying your butt bros one cent.:)

#43     Dec 20, 2002
  4. I'm not advocating anything, asshole!

#44     Dec 20, 2002
  5. rs7

rs7

This is the language of a man of devout faith? Is this the mouth that prays to the Lord? The mouth of the man that kisses his cross (or whatever your brand kisses)? Kisses his mother? Etc.?

Gee TBolt, you sound so guttural. Not like the cleric we all assumed you aspired to be.

But then again, maybe you are just being corrupted. Look what kinds of things Billy Graham was able to say when he was with his pal Nixon.

(won't get into where the mouths of some priests have been....I know they are not of your particular brand).

Peace,
    :)rs7

#45     Dec 20, 2002
  6. Jack Rabid, what everyone is trying to tell you in so many words is that

1. it is difficult to make money without having first paid for your apprenticeship with losses (thus likely wiping out your present capital)

2. it is difficult even after you have learned what to do because knowing what to do is one thing. Actually doing it (i.e. acting on the signals) is something else again. Learning to trade is a long process.

3. The expenses (cost of the data, software, books etc) are ongoing and high in relation to your (presently) available capital.
    Making it near enough impossible in my opinion to come out on top with living money.

The best way to learn is to

1. study first, do not trade immediately.

2. get a mentor (but how would you know whether the person is telling the truth about his prowess ?)

3. get a job in the mean time and save some further working capital

I would hazard a guess that most people on this (and any other) board are not making a living at trading. Yes, they have a passion for it and like to discuss it, no doubt about it.

I am not trying to discourage you, just trying to convey to you the reality of the situation.

Once you have obtained some insight about trading, email me and I may just provide you with a method of selecting trades. (No guarantees given).

Be carefull with the books you buy, many books ard courses are a way of murdering your money.

I am actually suggesting that your first year or so should be spent learning rather than to try to make money by trading.
    (Yeh, I KNOW you are impatient. Everyone is when first starting out.

How to get a job ? Hard to tell as we don't know about your skills. Presumably you had a job once as you have managed to gather $ 5 K sofar (no mean feat).
    Yet by no means sufficient to pay for your ongoing expenses AND earn a living by trading (let alone building up your capital).

There ARE jobs out there and that is where your $ 5K comes in handy as it will allow you to feed yourself whilst you work at a job which pays you commission only (which takes some time in coming in).

#46     Dec 20, 2002
  7. kokosij

kokosij

Great thread...

Let's keep it going. A lot of useful ideas here. And, welcome to our newest member...

...bongrider

#47     Dec 20, 2002
  8. this does not sound good. if you don't know what you're doing, you're better off not trading with real money at all. especially the eminis. if you're not a good trader, you don't trade a leveraged instrument. that 5k will be wiped out in a few weeks/months at most. my advice would be to not trade with real money til you know what you're doing. set it aside so that you have some capital left when/if you eventually get the hang of it.

#48     Dec 21, 2002
  9. LOL....busted. Had the exact same reaction.

#49     Dec 21, 2002
  10. catalite's been a member since Jan 2001 -- that's two years folks. in all the wonderful threads that have taken place since then, THIS is the one he chooses to make his first post in.
    ahh. the mysteries of life...

#50     Dec 22, 2002