I Am In 25% Cash! All Accounts*

Discussion in 'Trading' started by stonedinvestor, Apr 30, 2007.

1. Stupid sell program from yesterday still isn't done yet it seems

#51     May 22, 2007
  2. Thank you xia for your first hand observations. I have been hearing the same from all over-- that gets me real worried about traditional pain time of Sept - Oct by then the first " patch " will be out from MSFT -the clean version of VISTA- and if the spending doesn't pick up then- then all bets are off.

#52     May 22, 2007
  3. hels02

hels02

I just bought a new system, and installed Vista Ultimate. Trying to get your files over is the biggest pain.

I did figure out WHY it was a pain in the ass, and this may help some of you... for me, the entire problem was multiple drives. I talked to someone from Microsoft, and they said that VISTA is supposed to be all security based. If you use multiple partitions or drives, it messes it up. You should buy the biggest single drive you can and do 1 partition, they run terrabyte drives with single partitions on VISTA at Microsoft.

The other thing is RAM. The minimum is 2 GB, but for adequate functionality, you really need 4. 2 GB of RAM on a VISTA is like having 256MB on a XP.

Beyond my drive issues, it's nice to have a live stock feed on my desktop, a clock, CPU useage, Weather, a photo slideshow, post it notes, and it's FAST (but that's due to the new system). I will have to reformat to get rid of partitions on the new Raptor HD, but I think that may solve the issues. VISTA isn't so bad, you just have to have the system to deal with it.

#53     May 22, 2007
  4. 14:09:01>NDX & SPX also pressing rising 21 day mov avg support on their 60 min charts
    14:07:08>Obvious intraday resistance to any rally attempt now at NDX 1919-20, SPX 1529.50-1530
    14:04:24>NDX slips to nominal new session lows!
    14:03:25>NDX nears a test of secondary support & session lows at 1915
    14:00:21>NDX presses 6 day rising trendline support
    13:59:36>NDX spikes down & cracks initial line of support at 1920. SPX follows.

It's looking mucho good bears stick with it! Zipsy doo you can get 5% now on a LT bond think about it Mr and Mrs America. Am I the only person going to bed tonight hoping to high hell for a benign durable goods report! And how pathetic is that! Bring on the booze folks it's going to be a bumpy night. Short Shanghai baby let's just do this. we got to cleanse baby lets wash. Turbo cycle. ~ stoney

#54     May 23, 2007
  5. empee

empee

I'd like to point out I was right :)

:cool:

#55     May 23, 2007
  6. I'd like to point out I was wrong. That's it for me folks! My days as a bear were short lived. I guess counter indications wise it might not be a bad idea to go short yourself now but I cannot do it. There was enough spark in the business spending portion of the Durable Goods Report to satisfy me and the Housing Number was the last straw. I still think China will break, etc, etc.
    but who knows what companies get whisked off the indices tuesday by corporate raiders? It's all too much for me to stand against. ~ stoney

#56     May 24, 2007
  7. People ask me why do you use a third person broker or hedge fund on most of your trades. Well today is a good example there I was still in my underwear when that housing # hit the panic set in and I raced to my email sender and fired off my stupid ass marching orders. Fade In busy Hedge Fund that has only one pain in the ass client who buys his own too... they are in a meeting and the email sits there in purgatory until I send the followups what a dumb ass idiot I am and they say oh we haven't put ANYTHING THROUGH YET!!!! Aha lady luck has arisen from her slumber. Shed thy long hair over thee. yippee! WHAT DO I DO NOW!!!! I'M SO FUCKING CONFUSED***** (sorry)~ stoney

#57     May 24, 2007
  8. Go short on specific stocks. That's what I've been doing for three days now.

Screw the indexes.

#58     May 24, 2007
  9. Good point ByLo thanks for slapping me. I saw a bunch of $3 reversals on my board yesterday and the day before my China watch list tuned over... Indexe's can be made to look like they are holding up...

#59     May 24, 2007
  10. Cleared up the QID for a $3 gain Yawn. I don't know being a bear is not nearly as exciting as being a bull. Down to 6% cash. The market meanders along aiming for a spot to flatline as we head into summer doldrums.

Where exactly are we?Well much has been made about a call to europe to pull their money out of the US. Good riddance by 2:00 today it will be done and the market will resume it's plodding ways. There is every reason to celebrate the uptick we have recently seen in corporate spending. Indeed the hand off from the consumer to big business that I have been crowing about for a year and a half is probably happening now. This all coincides with my Microsoft Vista patch release- buy tech scenario which I hope plays out in Late July/ August.

What to buy? Ah that is always the question. Well remember (I'm speaking to myself) my particular brand of story stock is not working well here in fact the whole small cap space is full of boobi traps lately this makes things more difficult. It's time to pick some losers with merit off the floor and use our common sense.

OK what do we know?
    I went to my local video store yesterday and without any warning in a flash they were gone. Every dirty old fashioned VHS and shiny old fashioned DVD gone, just the shelves and my 1 year pre paid membership remain.... I returned home determined to strike back. The DVD market is going through huge change.

Netflix: Simultaneous VOD, DVD Release Could Spell Trouble For Video Rentals

Time Warner’s (TWX) Warner Bros. Home Entertainment unit on Monday said that it is considering a wider use of simultaneous release of movies on DVD and video on demand. According to several press reports , the company was impressed with the results of simultaneous DVD and VOD release in trials with Cocmast (CMCSA) and Time Warner Cable (TWC).

In a six-month trial in two Comcast markets, Warner saw a 50% increase in VOD buy rates, as well as a 10% rise in DVD sell through, and only “a marginal impact” on its rental business. Speaking at a conference yesterday, a Warner exec noted that the studios take just 15%-20% of the $7 billion-$8 billion annual rental business, compared with 60%-70% of revenue in the case of VOD.

Ok more Video on demand means more Seachange SEAC. They report tonight I'm taking a chance with 1200 @ $9. If Cable this summer really puts out fresh stuff it's over VOD explodes and SEAC is the behind the scenes wizards to this tech and surly we will be bought by CSCO or someone by Oct.

Later I'll tell you why I think Neckter therapeutics NKTR is such a good stock with such a bad chart.

Cheers ~ stoney

#60     Jun 6, 2007