I am getting my butt handed to me on a daily basis!

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by jeredlbb, Jun 18, 2013.

1. Visaria,

I just bought it on Kindle. I am reading it now. Thanks.

#11     Jun 19, 2013
  2. Thanks I will take a look.

#12     Jun 19, 2013
  3. Handle123

Handle123

ES is by far the toughest market to trade and yet most new traders go to that cause it is well advertised and tiny margins. Just about any market that doesn't have a "hard" backing is traded as a hedge. Gold and crude oil exist, but markets like indexes and financials are heavily used as hedges first and day traded second. So they more emotionally traded by those who can't trade.

I won't trade any market unless I have min of sample size of 3000 and must cover 10 years. Last method I built for ES had over 10,000 sample size, what you get when you have backtested your method is knowing only what it did in the past, but it tells you what you can possible expect in the future, how many losses in a row average, what are clearly the worst setups and why, if volatility comes into play do some setups offer better or worst(my method shuts down if too much volatility is present), is it better to go for more profit setups or lowest losing percentages. You have to know which are the best questions to ask of your method.

It is just too hard for you to make profits by learning on the fly, you need concrete evidense that your backtesting can even make money in the past.

#13     Jun 19, 2013
  4. MarkBrown

MarkBrown

i worked at jiffy lube now i want to drive indy cars, lol.

really grain operator to emini trader, and i have been called ambitious. honestly the emini sp is "engineered" to your failure! if you don't understand that is not a real market you will always fail. specifically that is the most manipulated market on the planet. if you don't have the knowledge of what's going on with it, well there are tricks to learn. just look at cash vs sp and you will get the idea of something that moderate your trading and make you a fortune.

m

#14     Jun 19, 2013
  5. Owning a grain elevator was merely how I got started in trading.

I only did that for a few years. I have done other things too...like sell shoes and wash windows.

#15     Jun 19, 2013
  6. MarkBrown

MarkBrown

oh now with the jack heresy and window washing and shoe sales i get it - your what they call a troll, l should have known.

carry on trolling, lol - m

#16     Jun 19, 2013
  7. Hmmm. I guess I don't understand. Could you explain?

#17     Jun 19, 2013
  8. MarkBrown

MarkBrown

well you mentioned jack, window washing, elevator operating, shoe sales and if you only now had a phd in math and once were a lawyer or medical doctor you would have covered all the qualifications of joining the list of thousands of others who have posted similar stories on the forum. that's all.

soon someone will come and save you by offering advice, discipleship or something to sell you to fix your problems. m

#18     Jun 19, 2013
  9. op, if you post some charts of your trades you may get some helpful comments. just lamenting your bad trading without facts is useless.

#19     Jun 19, 2013
  10. Oh. Ok. Well, the shoe sales and window washing statement was a joke. I am not sure if there are 'qualifications' for being a trader. I think we can all think of examples from life where PhDs make it trading and also fail at trading. I would estimate that there are people with GEDs that would become successful as traders...and some that would fail.

I am obviously looking for help. Most everything I have tried on my own has failed. I learned a long time ago that it is a fallacy to believe you are a self made man. So, as for 'trolling', maybe I am, I guess. I guess I look at this forum as a group of people who have a lot of uncommon things in common. Everyone here has had their own challenges and disappointments. There are many here that are obviously wiser than I. So yep. I am trying to glean wisdom anywhere I can.

#20     Jun 19, 2013