I am getting my butt handed to me on a daily basis!

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by jeredlbb, Jun 18, 2013.

1. river

river

What, exactly, is the point of your post? Why quote me, imply that I’m using the phrase "pass it forward" to some nefarious end and then ask me for a list, propose I start a thread, and suggest I prove my intentions are genuine?

I have no intention of providing you a list, starting a thread, or proving my intentions to you.

I simply asked Jack a sincere question. I’m sure he can accurately judge my intention.

-river

#1061     Feb 20, 2014
  2. xioxxio

xioxxio

These are your words river

#1062     Feb 20, 2014
  3. river

river

Thanks for the reply. I fail to see how the phrase of mine you colored red leads to your post to me earlier unless you have a very myopic view of "pass it forward in a formal way".

I'm focused on refining my ability to help the learning trader in a one to one, face to face, relationship.

Good luck to you.

-river

#1063     Feb 21, 2014
  4. smwbbe

smwbbe

Am I to understand that there is a subset of the Modrian Table or an additional table that explains when trading other turns (not just 'c' turns) is optimal? If so, would you kindly share it?

#1064     Feb 21, 2014
  5. xioxxio

xioxxio

That would be great Jack if you could post the Modrian Table ( I am sure there have been revisions since your last post) as well as the other table explaining when trading other turns.

Thanks

#1065     Feb 21, 2014
  6. I will post version 15 on sunday

#1066     Feb 22, 2014
  7. xioxxio

xioxxio

Hey Jack, please could you post the most recent version.

Thanks

#1067     Feb 24, 2014
  8. smwbbe

smwbbe

I was delighted to see you back at ET and even starting a new thread so a new crop of traders could learn of your RDBMS from scratch and progress at their own rate. I hope you'll return there soon.

For those of us who've progressed past the ten cases and measuring volume, I think we're waiting with bated breath for version 15 of the Modrian Table - in case you were wondering… :D

#1068     Mar 1, 2014
  9. smallfil

smallfil

It seems to me that you are overtrading. I am guilty of that at times. One valuable thing I learned and the most important in my opinion is you have to control your losses! You have no control over any stock on whether it will go up, down or sideways but, you have control over your trades! I am not a success by any means but, I am happy that for all of 2013, I just lost $246 on 75 option trades with a win rate of 40%. For 2014, I have some very bad trades wipe out my early profits so, I am down $609.00 or -6.77%. Have had 15 trades, 4 winners, 11 losers . Not a good start to the year but, I feel with better trade selection and timing----there can be huge improvements. Most of the trading professionals recommend limiting your losses on each trade to no more than 2% and do not take too many trades all at once. You could probably have 5 open positions at once and that is plenty. Good Luck.

#1069     Mar 3, 2014
  10. xioxxio

xioxxio

I've been reviewing the last version of the Modrian Table that was published (23 June 2013) and it makes a lot of sense why you've recently indicated that it's at version 15. While this method is great at capturing dom to nondom movement, it does not take into account the fractal integrity of the market. I have past charts by Sypdertrader, where he has annotated 5 fractals on a single chart. Plugging a one fractal trading EE model into such a chart causes headaches and lots of mis-trades. You seem to stress using the 30 minute chart in order to avoid “a” and “b” turn errors that are not on your fractal. If that's the case, is the Modrian Table really used at all?

For those who are not following below is a simple explanation.
    A sequence is made up of x2x 2y 2x (OR y2y 2x 2y). Any of those legs could be made up of a faster (sub) sequence of x2x2y2x (y2y2x2y) and down and down the rabbit hole you go. All turns from the Modrian table , you need to make sure it is on your trading fractal and not a faster (sub) fractal. I believe the design of the Modrian Table was to illustrate the larger x2x2y2x sequences - thus noting the a and b and trading the c turns. However, with multiple fractals and so many days of trending, it's use of the Modrian Table isn't working out so well for me.

#1070     Mar 10, 2014