I am done with trading.

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by BPtrader, Feb 14, 2010.

1. yepso

yepso

LOL, well maybe a stretch but you've seen those 320 ton trucks that come up out of the pits, I couldn't do that.

#61     Feb 17, 2010
  2. talking about truck and pit, you should see this pit, it takes 90 minutes for a truck to come out of it.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/gahsoon/198968563/

#62     Feb 17, 2010
  3. yepso

yepso

#63     Feb 17, 2010
  4. Bootsie

Bootsie

Discipline is an edge, it's the easiest edge to apply. But it's the hardest fight to win.

#64     Mar 11, 2010
  5. Shagi

Shagi

well done - i know who has been in the trenches but then most will wonder what you are talking about:D

#65     Mar 11, 2010
  6. Shagi

Shagi

You are wrong - its OK to add to losing position e.g if plan my final position size to be say 6 contracts - i can start by buying just one or two but with a very wide stop - if the the next day price goes down against me i can buy two more and if goes down again the next day i can buy two more at a lower price and reduce the overall cost of the position. Once im loaded i will exit either with small loss at a certain point. Each time i buy lower i reduce the stop cost - its quite an effective strategy contrary to common beliefs

#66     Mar 11, 2010
  7. No this is common beliefs. "Reduce the overall cost of the position" - right but you're paying money to do it, and by buying lower and lower you're losing more. If somebody came to me and said "Pay me $100 and I'll reduce your cost basis by $50" that would be a lousy deal.

#67     Mar 11, 2010
  8. martingale.

same shit.

with enough capital and something with a little bounce in it, almost any trade can be made profitable.

unless you start buying LEH or CMGI at a bad time.

then you're sodomized.

#68     Mar 11, 2010