I am done with TDAmeritrade

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by TimtheEnchanter, Oct 19, 2020.

1. I will miss ThinkorSwim a lot but they were not very nice to me. Schwab futures commissions are $1.5, I had negotiated rate at 1.85 (normally it is 2.20?) well with Exchange fees it adds up a lot. I have spent $4500 in commission since June. I asked them to at least match, Schwab, as they are going anyways next year...they said we are still operating separately and we would only match if I'd show a lot of action! I could have sent them my statements from Ninja or AMP but I said that is too much of a hassle. I was just hooked on the very intuitive and functional options trading, DOM trading for futures.
    But get this today! all day the ES DOM correct prices did not match the 5-min chart! I complained via IM to support and it took them 15 minutes to get to me...support guy asks; "try a 1-min chart to see it that matches the DOM price"? Of course, it did not...
    Anyway! Sayonara, most of these guys will be unemployed shortly. I will get back my thinkorswim with my Schwab account!

Opcodes and Robert Morse like this.
  2. xandman

xandman

Are you sure you will have access to TOS as a Schwab customer? That integration could take all year.

3. Justrade

Justrade

Can't you just open a TOS account directly via tasty?

4. tango29

tango29

I hope TD has a good futures trading interface. I use Schwab as my backup now and so far haven't had to use it, but it is pretty much crap as for as trading futures. Would love to have them bring a ladder entry platform.

TimtheEnchanter likes this.
  5. Does tasty trade offers TOS plateform ? Because AMTD doesn't open account in my country

6. realtrades

realtrades

I hope TOS is around forever, absolutely love it.

gkishot, taowave and TimtheEnchanter like this.
  7. Don't worry next year Schwab futures will be on ToS. It is great! (unless they muck it up... I have moved my futures/options business to IB for cost considerations)
    P.S. download ToS, free with paper-trading, you'll see...amazing!

Spooz Top 2 likes this.
  8. I do not think ToS is an open platform anymore.
    It was previously offered by ThinkorSwim Group, Inc., which was purchased by TD Ameritrade in 2009 and now Schwab owns it all. All quotes are free but the commissions are higher. Find out if Schwab opens an account there because TDAme is merging with them in 2021.

9. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

I thought you were a size player at AMP

10. cafeole

cafeole

I am a tastyworks customer and they do not offer TOS. They developehd it, sold it to TD, then started their own brokerage.

#10     Oct 19, 2020