I am done with Futures... going back to Forex

Discussion in 'Forex' started by heispark, Dec 6, 2018.

1. REDP1800

REDP1800

yes but also tooo big to fail. if the exchane really banend them then the exchange would get it's volumes hurt and one of the big banks would start a competitive exchange. better to FINE LIGHTLY so it is just a cost of doing business like a drug dealer who puts money on the side for a lawyer. ALL very good points.. so really a retail day trader needs to understand going into it that there are hundreds of factors stacked against them and it isn't just understanding or picking the correct direction of the market. one had to execute in and out at very unfavorabel prices and then once you make a move.. everyone with big money knows who yu are and what you are doing so they gun for you to spook you out. and then the move presumes.. I Can throw a 1 lot mkt order into a move and the algos pause and say..wtf is this retail doing right now.. it literally thinks something weird is afoot and cahgnes it's direction moentatrily

#51     Dec 8, 2018
  2. themickey

themickey

You are one very tiny minnow in a very large bait ball.
    The kingfish and marlin circling are not watching one insignificant tiddler.

#52     Dec 8, 2018
  3. bone

bone

Oh please. :banghead:

#53     Dec 8, 2018
    pers and Overnight like this.
  4. Overnight

Overnight

Jesus Bone, did you and I read the same line? WTF? Is this guy from outer space with that line you quoted?

#54     Dec 8, 2018
    pers likes this.
  5. Overnight

Overnight

You could probably achieve this in something very thin, like Class IV milk or uranium futures. But where the hell else do you think that statement is valid? A market order?

You have been going on and on about how limit order books can move markets, and how we should all engage in spoofing to try to move the market, and NOW you are saying that market orders move markets? 1 lot?

You must live in a state that has legalized both marijuana AND methamphetamine, because yer stoned and tweaked to think this is true.

#55     Dec 8, 2018
  6. bone

bone

He’s not trading any of the markets I’m involved in - and I’m pretty much into them all. During off hours if I improve a bid or offer the depth of market will adjust slightly but so what. It did that before Algos and HF trading came along.

If I hit a bid or lift an offer I’m going to get filled.

Not sure. :rolleyes:

Last edited: Dec 8, 2018
    #56     Dec 8, 2018
  7. Overlay your CQG feed over your TOS chart in the 45 minutes after the Oil Inventory report on Wed and you will understand. Your TOS chart will still be going down while the real market is going up. TOS will be off by as much as 20 to 30 ticks. When I took the Gauntlet from Earn2Trade I had their Rithmic quotes, my AMP CQG quotes overlaid on to the TOS CL chart. AMP and Rithmic were right on tick for tick but TOS was woefully lost in the dust.

#57     Dec 8, 2018
  8. REDP1800

REDP1800

you are completely wrong. if you place a 1 lot..they are interested. you need to lower granularity to see it. but yes they do. crazy to think they dont

#58     Dec 9, 2018
  9. REDP1800

REDP1800

wrong. my datafeed is just as good as rithmic. i used rhithmics nanosecond granularity function to see exatly what was going on per nano second. so no..no offense but thats not it

#59     Dec 9, 2018
  10. REDP1800

REDP1800

i dont use cqg. rhithmic is good.

#60     Dec 9, 2018