I am designing some trade software..

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by robert8n, Aug 28, 2005.

1. robert8n

robert8n

I have a detailed concept and a primitive Excel version. Before presenting to potential investors or programmers I want to produce a 'demonstration' of the software as I see it in it's final state. ie a visual representation of how it will work, complete with linked windows etc.

Can anyone give me any leads on what software I can use to build such a thing ? How do Pros demonstrate thier software concepts ?

TIA

2. dmitriyf

dmitriyf

Power Point?

3. skaranam

skaranam

Do you just want to present your concept to other? Then PowerPoint can serve your purpose. But, if you want to go a step ahead and make a prototype, then you need to develop screens to resemble the actual system. I do programming for living. Please clearlly specify your requirement so that I can suggest you better.

4. <b>If you are going to show it too...</b>

1) Another programmer to get them interested in working with you ...

Then - Use your exisitng excel sample with explanations...

2) A informal person(friend) who could be an investor...

Then use screen Mock Ups in Microsoft Word proving you are frugal in time and materials...

3) A venture capital group...

Then hire
    a) a power point or flash developer to present your idea very crisply
    b) a business marketing plan developer who can build a bullet proof marketing plan for you that shows revenue streams
    c) a accounting type that can work the numbers for your revenue stream projections

also...
    If you are asked to mock it up on a RAD toolkit then use MS Access 2002 or 03 which is an easy way to mock up screens that open other screens - show charts,etc without needing a lot of code behind...

good luck..

cj...

:)

If You Have The Vision We Have The Code

5. robert8n

robert8n

Well I think you just about covered every eventuality Edegehunter. Thx I'll keep that for reference.

For the moment Skaranam hit the nail on the head, I want to show screens that resemble the actual system. A mock up of the end product. Though I'm no programmer.

I haven't used Power Point except with existing materials - charts, data sheets etc. I don't think I could create what I'm looking for with it.

6. Show them equity curve from your program. This is all VC need to see :D

7. skaranam

skaranam

I do suggest to use VB6/VB.net to paint the screens. If you have Microsft Access software then you can use it as well. You don't need programming experience to paint screens. You can buy a dummies book and follow it. But you need to get the software first. VB is not cheap.

8. the top UI guys tend to use Macromedia Director for concept demos.

9. cmaxb

cmaxb

Try Visio.

10. You can buy the academic version of VB.NET for about $100. Mocking up the screens is pretty easyeven without any programming experience. Have a look at Sams teach yourself VB as a starter.

Runningbear

#10     Aug 29, 2005