I am debating to short VZ at 58.90

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by hajimow, Mar 29, 2021.

1. hajimow

hajimow

I can tolerate the pain even if it goes to 61. I believe it will drop to 56.5 in two weeks.

vanzandt likes this.
  2. hajimow

hajimow

VZ has been in uptrend during last week. Although it is a healthy stock but the uptrend is more because of fear in the stock market and not because of VZ health.

3. ET180

ET180

Verizon currently has a P/E of 13.54, forward P/E of 11.23 and pays a 4.3% dividend. There's far better short candidates out there. GME, PTON, GRUB, etc.

4. kmiklas

kmiklas

Don't do it. VZ is a great inflationary play. Also, as a DJIA and SnP company it's a complex trade... part of the political and economic spotlight. They were largely unaffected by Corona, and have a nice upside. If another lockdown hits, VZ will pop, because everyone will be depending on them for a remote work connection... as many are now.

For the Love of God don't short GME. Stay far away from that circus sideshow.

(Opinion only. Not licensed to give advice)

Last edited: Mar 29, 2021
    Lou Friedman likes this.
  5. vanzandt

vanzandt

never short anything called vz.

stockpredictor likes this.
  6. maxinger

maxinger

day chart - extremely ugly, messy, chaotic, untrendy.
    In fact, it should be given the
    Guinness Book of Record for being the ugliest Chart.

now zoom in a little.
    past few days, there were many green candles.

There are thousands of other
    easy-to-short charts.

But why do you want to choose this
    very-very-difficult-to-short chart?
    why do you want to add more burden, more
    trouble, more challenges to your life?
    Perhaps you are looking for it.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2021
    GuerrillaTrading likes this.
  7. Very choppy trading in this stock...

8. hajimow

hajimow

When I short stocks like VZ, I can relax a little and even if it goes to $63, I can still wait and sell covered puts but if I get greedy and short stocks like GME at $300, in the hope of easily covering it at $200, it might go to $1000 and then drop to $40. Then I will lose my health if left any.

9. hajimow

hajimow

My short position is 2400 shares averaged at 58.88 and I have also sold weekly covered call 58 for 0.15.
    I have a feeling that S&P will drop 2% by Monday. Just feeling