I am convicted...

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by jonbig04, Jun 17, 2008.

1. Can't say I know very much about RIMM as a company. Other than the fact that I think the smartphone market is big enough for both of them, for now at least. assuming apple sells 20 million new iphones by december, with a $200 subsidy and 35% profit margin thats around 2.75 billion in revenue, unless i screwed that calculation up, which is always a possibility. I just dont see how anyone can be bearish on apple right now, i mean at the very least its a hold.

#11     Jun 17, 2008
  2. Lucrum

Lucrum

"I am convicted..."

Felony or misdemeanor?
    :)

#12     Jun 17, 2008
  3. trapstar

trapstar

hes convicted on all counts for being ghey:D

#13     Jun 17, 2008
  4. From the thread title, I honestly thought this thread was going to be some guy writing from the shared computer in a low security prison, asking if anyone knew how he could trade while he was doing his 5-10 years.

Perhaps english is a second language for the OP, and it appears he actually meant "convinced".....

#14     Jun 17, 2008

5. Thats kinda funny. I am/was using the word as a differing tense of the word "conviction", which could of course mean "a declaration of guilt", but i was using it along the lines of "a certainty, assurance, or strong confidence in"...we all must strive to look past the very first definition of a word :p

#15     Jun 17, 2008
  6. Convinced would have probably been a better word.

#16     Jun 17, 2008
  7. True...if you had said "I have a conviction....", that could have meant more than one thing.

But to say "I am convicted...." only means one thing.

Sorry, but you'd better layoff the stock picking and get back to finishing your high school equivalency test. :p

#17     Jun 17, 2008
  8. GTS

GTS

Ummm, which definition are you using?

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/convicted

v. con·vict·ed, con·vict·ing, con·victs
    v.tr.
    1. Law To find or prove (someone) guilty of an offense or crime, especially by the verdict of a court: The jury convicted the defendant of manslaughter.
    2. To show or declare to be blameworthy; condemn: His remarks convicted him of a lack of sensitivity.
    3. To make aware of one's sinfulness or guilt.
    v.intr.
    To return a verdict of guilty in a court: "We need jurors . . . who will not convict merely because they are suspicious" Scott Turow.
    n. Law (knvkt)
    1. A person found or declared guilty of an offense or crime.
    2. A person serving a sentence of imprisonment.
    adj. Archaic
    Found guilty; convicted.

BTW, conviction is a noun. There is no version (tense?) of it that yields convicted.

#18     Jun 17, 2008
  9. wow guys really?

I'm sorry, Instead of saying "I'm convicted" I should have said "I have a conviction".

Now you have made this thread about grammar instead of stocks.

One of two things happened:

A. You knew what I meant, because lets face it, it's a technicality, but you still decided to flame my grammar. In this case your are truly an asswipe that really has no business posting on a forum that is intended to be informational. I'm sure you can search for another forum, try googling "how to be an asshole", or "The art of being a bitch". You will no doubt find a respected position in either of those online communities.

B. You actually couldn't make the connection between "convicted" and "conviction". In this case you really have no room to make fun of MY grammar.

Anyways............aapl was up another 2% today. September earnings might be something spectacular.

#19     Jun 17, 2008
  10. mnx

mnx

welcome to ET. ;)

#20     Jun 17, 2008