I am closing my IB account

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by jonlebon, Sep 14, 2007.

1. Sorry, I don't agree. Default settings come about from a consensus of user feedback. Since IB does not have any beta testing process, they just guess on settings. So their software development PROCESS is flawed.

#31     Sep 20, 2007
  2. I'm not sure what you don't agree with. I made no comment at all about the development process, because I don't know anything about it particularly. What I did make a comment on was the failure of a significant number of users to familiarize themselves with the user's guide, and the software itself. In the particular instance in question, that appeared to include you.

OldTrader

#32     Sep 20, 2007
  3. TOM134

TOM134

blackjack007,

Could you share with us who you now mainly use as your broker?

Why did you change from IB?

How does your new broker excel over IB?

Thanks.

Tom

#33     Sep 20, 2007
  4. TOM134

TOM134

blackjack007,

Could you share with us who you now mainly use as your broker?

Why did you change from IB?

How does your new broker excel over IB?

Thanks.

Tom

#34     Sep 20, 2007
  5. jonlebon

jonlebon

Thx for all the helpfull replies.

No I am not quittting IB and yes I have started reading the online manual which answered many questions.

Having tries several brokers ( Zecco, IG, Finspread) this is completly different and much more complex interface
    Its beginning to make sense but hasnt been an easy ride so far!

I still feel the 100 order should be switched off as default.
    Also the online instant chat help could be a little more in evidence on Trader workstation.

JL.

:D :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

#35     Sep 20, 2007
  6. Tums

Tums

you don't even need to read. There are so many online webinars, both live and archived, all you have to do is sit, watch and listen. You can even ask questions during live webinars.

IB has enough web resource to guide you through to advanced level usage.

#36     Sep 20, 2007
  7. nove

nove

I agree. The interface is good.

But it is more complicated than my MP3 player and you need to do the work to master it. You also need to read up on the contracts you will trade ... if you don't do the homework you pay the price some other way.

#37     Sep 20, 2007