I am closing my IB account

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by jonlebon, Sep 14, 2007.

1. I am in no way associated with IB although I have paid them a boat load of commission without getting too much customer service. Here is probably what you are looking for and not specifically getting help from fellow ET members: [​IMG]
    Now if I can only get IB to set up a less onerous but more effective security system so that I don't have to log in every 12 hours or so.... how about a USB key fob with an encrypted resident program running on designated PCs and IP addresses?

#21     Sep 14, 2007
  2. sporky

sporky

I thought this fella gave up on IB...cuz he didn't do his homework, I think. why help?!

but you helped. You are a better person than I am.

#22     Sep 15, 2007
  3. This is a great example of "attention to detail"....or in this case, lack thereof. IB has been moving so fast, on so many "fronts", they've overlooked the obvious. I have reviewed their API in detail technically, and it suffers in much the same way. Yes, it works, but WOW, it could have been architected much better IMHO.

#23     Sep 15, 2007
  4. Whoops, just saw that post of the configuration for the closing......but my point is still valid: that option should have been checked by default.
    If that had occurred, that trader have one less thing to complain about.

#24     Sep 15, 2007
  5. xiaodre

xiaodre

Zeroline Trader looks pretty nice.

I won't rank the front-ends. Others with more experience can do that much better.

My message to Lebon would be - learn to use TWS first, so if your front-end dies while you are in a trade, you can manage your position, then get a front-end, which makes trading much easier...

Unless you have already switched. In which case, it seems like you switched for a wrong reason...

#25     Sep 15, 2007
  6. Your point is not valid at all. Users need to read the users guide, familiarize themselves with TWS. That includes you. Many of the negative posts we see here are a result of people who didn't put the time or effort in to actually do some reading and study BEFORE using the software.

OldTrader

#26     Sep 15, 2007
  7. no offense but it shouldn't take anyone 2 months to figure out that user interface. i think it took me 1 week to learn how to do 90% of what i needed.

these days i hardly trade with ib anymore, but it's not because of the user interface. there are plenty of other reasons why they suck, but tws is actually ok if you don't mind the occasional bug.

#27     Sep 16, 2007
  8. Retired

Retired

Can you please elaborate? :confused:

I am thinking about opening an account with IB. Would like to know all the good and the bad.

#28     Sep 19, 2007
  9. Strange as this may sound but I actually subscribe to both ZLT and Ninja Trader but use ZLT primarily. I use ZLT as my main DOM but do run NT when I need a backup and/or complex strategies. But 95% of the time, ZLT will do and is quite great for a DOM front end.

#29     Sep 19, 2007
  10. IB's TWS is one the easiest to use platform around. Oh please, how is it difficult to change the fonts size, the color size of the background, the default order size?
    Just a tip for the newbies : to change the default order size, you just need a right button-click with your mouse on a line with a quote (whatever it may be) and a lil' window will appear on which stands: insert row, delete row and also configure order defaults.

#30     Sep 19, 2007