I am closing my IB account

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by jonlebon, Sep 14, 2007.

1. jonlebon

jonlebon

Blue:

I have an account with Zecco.Not perfect with executions but the order process is an absolute pleasure, totally error free.
    For example if you have a long position of let say 30 units, any extra order with the equity will default to 30 units which makes a lot of sense.
    Whereas with IB, it would default to100 so this would become a 70 units shorts if you placed a sell market order and miss the tiny little square with the position size ( easy to do if the page has lots of order rows or miss the tiny print of the confirmation window)

I guess with more experience this should become easier to use but this interface needs a massive overall.

#11     Sep 14, 2007
  2. DAV

DAV ET Sponsor

#12     Sep 14, 2007
  3. jonlebon

jonlebon

Thanks DAV, feeling a bit calmer now ! will give it another go!

J.

#13     Sep 14, 2007
  4. #14     Sep 14, 2007
  5. You need to learn how to set up the software.
    You can change the 100 share default so that it will close out your position based on how many shares you have long or short. A lot of the rants I see from people complaining about software is because they don’t take the time to learn how to use it.
    TWS is sometimes a little cumbersome, but it is easy to use once you get the hang on it.

#15     Sep 14, 2007
  6. GaryN

GaryN

Builtin Booktrader is not too bad and there are some excellent frontends for IB. No reason to have to use the basic interface.

#16     Sep 14, 2007
  7. I had some issues with IB about a month or so ago.

After a little investigation and their customer support I realized it actually wasn't IB but the exchange.

Also, I too have had some trading errors attributable to nobody but myself.

IB is a great platform with great execution but you really need to know what you are doing and what you are trading.

I think IB gets blamed for many things that aren't their fault but they do not communicate very well.

I've been with them for a long time and will continue.

#17     Sep 14, 2007
  8. sporky

sporky

this can be configured in IB's TWS too. you just have to know how. ha!

#18     Sep 14, 2007
  9. Nowadays, reading is a LOST art.

#19     Sep 14, 2007
  10. sporky

sporky

-sigh-

#20     Sep 14, 2007