I am bearish on gold

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by nitetrader, Sep 18, 2007.

1. As a whining, unemployed, daytrader I object to the redundancy in "short term daytrader". What would a long term daytrader be? Trades from a hut above the Arctic Circle in July?

Hans

#21     Sep 21, 2007
  2. taodr

taodr

I think probability very high next week we see central banks selling gold like shit and using money to buy US dollars ! Europe cannot afford to let euro get so strong.

#22     Sep 21, 2007
  3. There's not enough gold in the universe to support a falling USD. You might see a race to the bottom -- everybody lowering their rates.

#23     Sep 21, 2007
  4. fatrat

fatrat

Except the ECB told Sarkozy of France that they have no intention of preventing the Euro from getting strong. They're going to let it go up.

This was an article I saw somewhere -- someone else help me confirm?

Buying dollars makes no sense, because the US government's financial situation is precarious at best.

#24     Sep 21, 2007
  5. It is certainly good investment on gold if yield of other assets is low; and even better if inflation is higher.

please read my post carefully; I said the yield of 10 year go over 5%; then gold is very bearish.

IF EUR keep raising; then it will be good new for Chinese and other exporters to grab more European market; Increase the tension and trade deficit with them too.

#25     Sep 21, 2007
  6. niiice...
    :)

#26     Sep 21, 2007
  7. More all time highs in gold, there were some good short term sells in there recently but I hope the bearish guys on here were only short term short, same deal with the oil - $2 fast sell off then straight back up, crazy trading last week.

#27     Sep 29, 2007
  8. loza

loza Guest

the only traders made money in 08 were the currency, oil and gold traders.
    I mean serious $$. While some people maybe good at picking stocks and grinding out but not me.

#28     Jul 17, 2008
  9. harkm

harkm

Don't forget the shorts. :D

#29     Jul 17, 2008