I am at a stage where I am writing a book, your input desired

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by Old&Tired, Mar 29, 2009.

1. The only thing ET wants from you is funny stuff like your story of living under a bridge and eating pigeon poo to survive.

#11     Mar 29, 2009
  2. spindr0

spindr0

ROFL

And how is tht different from the poo here?
    (scratching head)

#12     Mar 29, 2009
  3. Oh, it's different. The poo here is just annoying. Talking about how great he is blah blah blah.

The pigeon poo story and the like are entertaining and self deprecating. No one wants to read about how great the OP thinks he is but would rather laugh at his ridiculousness.

At least that's how I feel about it :)

#13     Mar 29, 2009
  4. 1. equivocate whenever possible
    2. use flowery adventurous hyperbole
    3. intersperse seemingly random statistical tidbits
    4. make it known that you are a member of Mensa, Triple Nine, etc. so as to defray criticism of a coherent message or eclectic writing style.
    5. academic obscurantism. the older the better. referrence sholars no one has heard of in at least 50 years.
    6. write at least half a chapter in Latin or French.
    7. make referrence to old master art pieces in the Uffizi to explain visual trading cues versus common stock charts. indeed, criticize the use of charts.
    8. pay off some poor PhD candidates with the surnames of famous traders, economists and financiers. pay them to blog, create a buzz and shoot down naysayers.
    9. create a broader mystique. known only to a select few. layered in lavish materialism and prolific sexual conquest and adventures.

#14     Mar 29, 2009
  5. you dare insult your GOD :mad:

SHOLVA !!!!!

#15     Mar 29, 2009
  6. oh yeah, when you go on book tours you will want to work on the personal appearance. forgo the jellyrolls and that favorite cardigan with gravy stains. hire a personal trainer. wear garish pre modern clothes. purple breeches, a tunic and Finnish clogs for instance. even better, a 18th century Prussian general uniform. an unusual bit of facial grooming is also in order. perhaps an obscure short mustache that begins above the nostrils and makes one wonder how it is possible.

#16     Mar 29, 2009
  7. damn Bernie

you sure know your business of scamming :D

#17     Mar 29, 2009
  8. great stuff man truly great :D

#18     Mar 29, 2009
  9. I am sure vanity publishing needs a stimulus just like every other business in America. As one American to another, I salute you for pumping what I am sure will be just a miniscule fraction of your trading profits into a business that is based on those with the biggest egos having the most discretionary income.

Ego deflation has hit this country hard, but thanks to forums like ET, there is no signs of ego deflation here.

#19     Mar 29, 2009
  10. Rickey Cheung wrote a book on trading- supposedly he charges $200000 usd now for it.

The whole thing smelt like a scam beforehand, but I went and spent $25 at amazon to find out...

The strategy was to trade the S&P500. It was an overoptimized daytrade with such discretionary bias, that it would be impossible for other people to trade it with any profit.

So free advice- get your book published, and then charge $200k a seminar.

http://www.rc3200.com/en/rc_seminar.php

Good luck

#20     Mar 29, 2009