I am afraid of these NEW kids traders

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Illuminated One, Oct 5, 2007.

1. I would bet my money that he does beat 99.9% of the morons on this site.

R you kidding me. Have you read these post on Elite the last few years? Fu**(&ing Trailor Traders all the way.

More idiots on here than a short bus.

Besides, "black Box" systems are here, not going anywhere and if you think you can match such systems with your individual wits, your "Chart" gimmicks, your Eliot Wave Theory, etc, you doomed.

Emotion is the first item that is eliminated, second is the processing speed. You can not think faster nor keep you emotions calm like a true program. You do have to have "human" traders trading with in the system param. You need human traders to re-program the system as the market changes, to adjust the data.

Get real, This guy is correct. Go watch Mad Money and eat your dinner. Most of you are wasting our time by posting on ET.

#21     Oct 5, 2007
  2. Wulfrede

Wulfrede

Hey Illuminated, I really wouldn't worry.

Trading isn't all about being smart.
    In fact, it mostly isn't.

That's why most "geniuses" work for a paycheck.

Cheers,
    /D

#22     Oct 5, 2007

3. LOL, yes you dominate 99% others with your mouth and claims you cannot prove whatsoever. Everyone can say they made 100% in 3 months. LOL. Starting from what base? 200 bucks? And whatever base you start from, with a 100% return in 3 months you are running at way too high risk, whatever you claim or say. Should this ever be true then this 100% return is attributed to pure luck, nothing else. So, play the ball low dude, and stop to bore others with your unproven stories

#23     Oct 6, 2007
  4. mcflow2

mcflow2

100% in 3 months to me isn't very impressive. I've done that on more than one occasion in a matter of a few days, its just a matter of waiting it out until the move comes. 7.5k to 700k is impressive though, i'm still working on matching those kinda numbers.

#24     Oct 6, 2007
  5. Of course you're still working on those kinda numbers and you will for the rest of your life without ever getting close with the level of risk you must be taking because you will get hit with 50% account drawdowns every other month.

#25     Oct 6, 2007
  6. Exactly right. Every wanna-be trader, no matter how dumb, has once made a gain of 100% on a trade here or there, some others made it on their portfolio in a year, others in 6 months, and few in 3 and even fewer in 5 days. LOL, AND? The point is if you, mcflow2 and original poster, were consistent in that (which you and the original poster and nobody else obviously are not) then you would be the richest guy in no time. Why are you not? And why would you be smarter than the world's top hedge fund and sell side traders who have much less to lose but much more leverage to play with?

Oh right, you donate 80% of your gains each month to worthy causes. I almost forgot.....

#26     Oct 6, 2007
  7. No bbmat I don't donate squat

but I have been consistant

its just that man develops expenses you know :D

#27     Oct 6, 2007

8. Not true. Nowadays kids are actually dumber, more spoiled, less disciplined and every new generation seems to be getting easier and easier school programs.

#28     Oct 6, 2007
  9. Donkell

Donkell

All you have to do is show a statement from your broker.

Anyone can claim anything. If you have something helpful to say, back it up with a statement from your broker.

Pretty simple.

don

#29     Oct 6, 2007
  10. LOL, actually it's just a hell of a whole easier to exploit, manipulate and abuse younger people "you can put that fear in'em when they're young"

JJ

#30     Oct 6, 2007