I am about to receive the signal to short her. Who Are the Nays and Eyes?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by riskfreetrading, Apr 21, 2008.

1. MAESTRO

MAESTRO

Good time to buy ES June puts IMO. I would do the bear Put Spread at around 1300 (long strike).

#21     Apr 21, 2008
  2. How about the short strike? BTW, saying a bear put spread is not enough to specify a bear put spread. The strikes with respect to the underlying have still to be indicated (ITM spread, AT spread, OTM spread are all bear spreads and there are many spreads of each, in addition to expiration).

#22     Apr 21, 2008

3. Short at will and get your ass handed down to you in a hurry.

Shorting above 50 day moving averages that are rising ? LOL

#23     Apr 21, 2008
  4. It sounds like your about to have sex or something? :p

#24     Apr 21, 2008
  5. The only bull you shot was in your pants.

#25     Apr 21, 2008
  6. "The markets can stay irrational longer than one can stay solvent." - I believe this phrase was credited to John Maynard Keynes

#26     Apr 21, 2008
  7. maxpi

maxpi

The Dow will close lower. Trust me, I know these things...

#27     Apr 21, 2008
  8. MAESTRO

MAESTRO

Not to point the obvious or anything, but in my post I said “bear Put Spread”. If the long put strike is 1300 then the short strike can only be lower otherwise it would be not a bear spread. Secondary, 1300 for the long strike and lower short strike clearly indicates that both options are OTM options. I also indicated that the spread should have June expiration meaning that both options are expiring in June, otherwise the spread would be diagonal (or calendar). So, next time, read and think it through carefully.

Cheers

#28     Apr 22, 2008
  9. My remark was written mainly for others who simply say bear put spread (and never thing of the variety of spread). I noticed that you specified the long strike. Maybe I should have made that clear in my post. Cheers.

#29     Apr 22, 2008
  10. How are the bulls doing today? By bulls in this post, I mean those who held a position overnight. Now, how about everyone? What should do next: go long? Go short? Do nothing?

As for me, I held a position (short) overnight. Read above to see where I got involved in my shorting.

#30     Apr 22, 2008