I am a new trader, I want to start trading

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by efyou, Jul 23, 2011.

1. Learn that the markets are not random. Markets can go up, down, or sideways. They don't make random moves, but there is noise depending on the time frame with lower time frames having the most noise.

What this means for example, if market direction is up, a single candle can for example move 7 - 12 ticks both up and down, and having a stop within that candle can cause you to be stopped out only to see the market going in the direction of your original trade.

You may not see that you are stuck in a candle on a 1 min chart, only on a higher time frame chart do you see it. So you can have random price action on smaller time frames.

You can call sometime PA or TA, it does not matter, but by examining previous patterns you may be able to determine a win% for a particular pattern giving you an edge, and how many times a pattern may appear in during a time frame.

However, with real money comes real emotions which can cause you to take trades not based on real setups but instead revenge trading.

#51     Aug 27, 2011
  2. Steve

Steve

Maybe you want to learn how to trade?

PS It may be difficult with that attitude. You shouldn't really advise people how to trade.

#52     Aug 28, 2011
  3. Frits

Frits

I don't need to learn Steve, I'm already successfull. It's just that I know how hard it is to become profitable so I thought:"why not help others a bit in the right direction".

But only too often I get replies from dumb asses like you that have nothing to do but to let go of there frustration by highlighting small details which they think that are wrong. If only they took the time to read properly...

I know now why most of the profitable traders don't show there face on a forum. Why waste your time participating in useless discussions while you can make money trading. My intentions were good, but thanks to people like you I'm getting sick and tired of being around here.

I'm done here, you can sort it out yourself! Please do reply to this post so I can actually show you that I don't give a shit about what you think of this. You wont see my face back again on this thread.

Shaka :cool:,

Frits

#53     Aug 28, 2011
  4. Steve

Steve

It would be a shame to lose a successful trader willing to show us the way.

My apologies about making you sick by pointing a 'small' detail about FTSE being lower than 13 years ago. Is that the secret of your success - seeing it as a small detail?

PS You are such a charming character - your kind words would be greatly missed.

#54     Aug 28, 2011
  5. EON Kid

EON Kid

this is how it is, there are no short cuts, GL shark bait!

#55     Aug 28, 2011
  6. cloudy

cloudy

Fritz , thanks very much for the .pdf ; nice cartoon characters in it. Sorry to say, I'm still not convinced the market is all random. TA works for a while as it exploits inefficiencies , but then the big money and HFT computers ruin the edge later and so a new edge from TA has to be found.
    I recall on a live CNBC segment they were on the floor of the NYSE and a trader said most were using momentum based trading during the crazy weeks. Also the big money create the big turns and distribution selloffs. They try to break up their selling and make it look like "randomness" to fool most retail traders and other firms. They may even push price up for another peak as a fakeout in order for another round to sell more of their massive shares at their desired price while at the same time taking out stops. While there are so many inputs and traders to the market which may seem to random to make sense of, there all separate trading bids and asks fills by human forces. Common indicators such as rsi, cci, and stoch are correlated indicators based on price and have had their edge dulled to uselessness years ago thanks to overuse by traders already. Volume and volatility indicators may still be an unsaturated "frontier". I still think most TA vendors out there are selling "snake oil" systems and I've contributed my own list entries to the emg "scams" thread to get some revenge.

#56     Aug 28, 2011